Profile for Anna Elizabeth > Reviews

Content by Anna Elizabeth

Anna Elizabeth (Chch, New Zealand)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Showstoppers: A British Mystery (Emily Castles Mysteries)
Showstoppers: A British Mystery (Emily Castles Mysteries)

5.0 out of 5 stars A highly enjoyable and brilliantly written British Mystery Novella by a "real" author!, 15 Feb 2013
A brilliantly written book by a "real" author. I love Novellas, as they are wonderful when you don't want to read a full-length novel, but without sacrificing the quality of course, and this is no exception - although I agree that with such stories, sometimes you read them too quickly and are left wanting more! I love the style of writing, it is a style all of her own, quite quirky and very engaging! It is very skillfully woven together and action-packed from the beginning to the end.

I've always loved British Mysteries, and this epitomizes all the best qualities of them. I love the subtle humor, and the main character Emily is engaging and interesting, as are the supporting characters. I love surprise endings in whodunnit mysteries, and this one over-delivers on that!! I haven't actually read any of the others in the series but I can see I'm going to have to read them all! Helen Smith is going to be one of my favorite authors I think..

How I Get Spanked To Mind-Blowing Sensual Orgasm - Sexy Spanking Ritual (Erotic eBook Shorts 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A highly refreshing, delightful, enjoyable and original read!!, 10 Feb 2013
I agree that this is a highly original and erotic story, with some thought-provoking ideas that could be applied, if desired, to real life! It reads like a work of non-fiction, which really adds a whole new fascinating element to it. It is actually quite realistic, in that everything described here is absolutely possible, not over-the-top as stories in this genre can sometimes be. While it's true that BDSM does take many different forms, that are subjective and dependent on an individuals tastes, the message in the story is simple: nothing is off-limits for a loving couple of consenting adults, who want to keep the love and excitement in their marriage alive! The couple in the book indulge in their routine every Saturday without fail, and even though this is something they've been doing most of their married lives, it never loses its satisfaction and joy for them!

The addition of a third person (who joins them once or twice, because she is lonely and seeks intimate contact), adds an exciting element and really takes the naughtiness up a notch or two, making the bedroom scenes even hotter and steamier!

What is also fantastic about this is that it involves an older married couple in their 60s (and their friend of the same age). They are "real" people, not plastic Hollywood types, but their erotic bedroom antics are no less satisfying and enjoyable to read about, in fact I believe this only enhances the story further and makes it so intriguing - and consequently this is probably the best BDSM book I've ever read! It's also quite uplifting and encouraging because it makes you realize that your love life doesn't have to stop, or even slow down that much, as you age. After all, why should it? With (at least) two loving and willing parties who've been partnered for a long time, nothing should be off the table!

Living in a modern culture that worships a cult of youth and physical beauty, I have to say this is an extremely refreshing take on this kind of story. The setting of an English village sounds idyllic and beautiful, and is a perfect setting for these kinds of natural "goings-on". I say natural because consenting BDSM IS part of natural human relationships (for those who desire it. Humans are inquisitive and experimental creatures by nature after all). An excellent and original read - I highly recommend for lovers of this genre! I will definitely be picking up this authors other books, and keeping an eye out for more!

100 Fun Stories for 4-8 Year Olds (Perfect for Bedtime & Young Readers) (Yellow Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for you and your kids!, 5 Feb 2013
These are fantastic, not to mention incredible value for money! I love the fact they are about animals, as I am a keen animal lover and I always encourage my children whenever I can to learn interesting and fun facts about animals(or simply to enjoy fun and goofy stories about them).

I believe these types of stories promote a healthy fascination with and love of animals that will last a lifetime, as well as helping your childs development and nurturing their natural curiosity. They are very enjoyable stories that both adults and children will enjoy. Great illustrations too! This is a favorite with my kids. I am very interested to obtain other books by this author, so will be keeping my eye out. I highly recommend this!

The World's Worst Networker: Lessons Learned By The Best From The Absolute Worst!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining, humorous and insightful - a must-have for all Networkers!, 5 Feb 2013
A very entertaining, amusing and insightful look at how not to network (and for everything you learn NOT to do, you learn what you SHOULD do!). It is a firm reminder that networking, more today than ever before, is about building strong business relationships with your contacts, based on trust, respect and mutual benefits. It requires a genuine, patient and "giving" approach, and the careful nurturing of these relationships for long term, ongoing business success. Not to mention the fact that you will enjoy it a whole lot more doing it this way, and get so much more satisfaction and pleasure from networking.

These stories give real examples of the kinds of attitudes and tactics that networkers should avoid exhibiting, and the kinds of networkers that should be avoided at all costs. I've always had an interest in networking, although I haven't done that much myself at this stage. I picked this up as it looked like a fun but informative read. I was not wrong!

Hopefully, if you are a networker, you are already avoiding all the mistakes demonstrated in this book! If not, you can definitely pick up a few tips from it. It's hard to believe people actually do these kinds of things in a misguided attempt to network successfully. I had a lot of moments when I just thought "he/she said WHAT? Did WHAT?". A few of them got their comeuppance, which is very satisfying to read about!! This is absolutely a must-have for networkers and those interested in networking. Highly recommended!

How To Seduce Men Born On December 21 Or Secret Sexual Desires of 10 Million People: Demo from Shan Hai Jing research discoveries by A. Davydov & O. Skorbatyuk

5.0 out of 5 stars Some fantastic advice here on relationships, and life in general!, 30 Jan 2013
A very intriguing and fascinating theory is presented in this book; the idea of human beings as similar to machines, "bio-machines" if you will, in that we are basically equipped with bio-operating systems, all with different and individual values, desires and needs. This is an impressive piece of research, and certainly far more than mere speculation as I initially thought. It presents some very real ideas and it does not pertain only to romantic relationships.

I have another book in this series: "how to seduce men born on august 2nd", which I got as Aug 2 is my partner's birthdate and I was curious. I enjoyed not only reading it, but actually tried some of the tips. The outcome surprised me, because it actually worked. So then I got this book because my friend's boyfriend was born on December 21.

Some fantastic advice here on sex and life in general. And of course there is the main body of information on how to seduce, with very detailed and specific advice and instructions, such as how to behave and how not to behave, both in and out of the bedroom.

365 Journal Writing Ideas: A year of daily journal writing prompts, questions & actions to fill your journal with memories, self-reflection, creativity & direction.

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute inspiration - invaluable journal writing prompts for self-reflection and creativity!!, 29 Jan 2013
Life often seems to pass us by so quickly these days; A journal records the different events of our lives, and calls to mind things that invoked different emotions in us, be they positive or negative. At the time something is actually happening, you never think about the fact that you will probably forget it in future. Looking over a journal of events and memories that happen over a course of years will give you so many enjoyable "that's right!! I remember that.." moments. Really, it's like reading a novel of your own life. Not to mention the fact that it comes in handy merely for the fact that you are able to check the exact time a certain event occurred, for future reference.

Being aware of all the things above, I thought it was high time that I started keeping a journal, and so I picked this up for some inspiration and - wow! There is a huge wealth of information here, tons and tons of ideas and inspiration for writing a journal. This author is amazingly creative and has come up with a huge variety of ideas for journal musings. For example, the second page of your journal should detail nearly 50 positive aspects of your life that you should let flourish and grow, ie "Over the next 365 days, I give myself permission to love, I give myself permission to grow, I give myself permission to shine and I give myself permission to explore" - to name just a few. This will give you amazing ideas for filling your journal with "memories, self-reflection, creativity and direction" (as it says on the cover). Sums it up perfectly!!

Included are 365 prompts to write about in your journal, one for every day of the year. These are things like: "tell me about an adventure you would love to have", "make a list of all the things you would do or buy if you won the lottery jackpot", "if you could relive one memory of your life over again, which would you choose and why", "in your journal, write a letter to yourself 10 years in the future", "what would you do if you knew you could not fail?", "when do you feel most alive?" and "I am grateful for my family because.." - to name just a handful of the 365. Very thought-provoking and incredibly meaningful and valuable food-for-thought for your future consideration and reflection.

There is an introduction and a chapter "how to use this book", followed by a bunch of other chapters such as "which journal size or style" and "why make the time?", before proceeding to the 365 day/52 week journal writing prompt ideas. There are also 52 weekly actions, such as "week 8: go somewhere different, somewhere you have never been", "week 35: host a 3 course meal by candlelight", "week 37: call someone for a catch-up. Report back to journal" and "week 50: plant a tree. Report back to journal with a photo".

It makes you realize that journal writing doesn't have to be just a recording of events - it's a way to inspire and motivate yourself everyday, to try something new, to do something different, meaningful and special in your life every week, in order to live a fuller, happier, more adventurous and more enriched life. It will also remind you of and reinforce the positive aspects of life. This is where its true value lies, in addition to being a very useful future reference, of course.

I am so inspired by this, I intend to start a journal using these ideas immediately!! I highly recommend this for anyone wanting to start a fascinating, liberating, exciting and enlightening personal journey of journal writing for "memories, reflection, creativity and direction"!!!

How To Seduce Men Born On August 2 Or Secret Sexual Desires of 10 Million People: Demo from Shan Hai Jing research discoveries by A. Davydov & O. Skorbatyuk

5.0 out of 5 stars A very interesting and thought-provoking read!, 24 Jan 2013
My partner was actually born on august 2nd and so I picked this up (from Barnes & Noble) as a matter of interest! Actually a lot of the qualities do seem to fit him (but I guess that could just be a coincidence!). A very interesting and thought-provoking read.

This book presents a new perspective on things. I like any books that present new ideas for me to digest and mull over. I like to think of myself as an open-minded individual who truly looks at and acknowledges the information presented to me before making up my own mind on matters. This book has certainly got me thinking. I believe in the importance of absorbing as much information as possible on any and all different subjects in order to broaden and develop the mind further. For that, I highly recommend this stimulating book

102 Puzzle Quizzes (Interactive Puzzlebook for E-readers)
102 Puzzle Quizzes (Interactive Puzzlebook for E-readers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep your mind fit and healthy with these fun brain-teasing puzzles!, 21 Jan 2013
Another fantastic job by the Grabarchuk family! They keep raising the bar with these amazing puzzles and sometimes it's hard to keep up! I wonder sometimes if they will ever run out of ideas for these complex brain-teasers. You never get tired of them, I can tell you that for sure.

This book presents some of the most challenging puzzles I've ever done, however as I'm quite experienced now from all the Grabarchuk families other puzzle books, I definitely find it's easy to arrive at the correct answer in a shorter period of time. It keeps me amused for hours on end (I have to be careful I don't neglect other things in my life!), and still provides a very satisfying level of challenge. You always feel a fantastic sense of accomplishment when you know you've got the right answer!

I highly recommend this along with the rest in the series, 100 puzzle quizzes, 104 puzzle quizzes etc. It's invaluable exercise for the mind, and in addition to being hours of fun, it will keep your mind fit and healthy well into your old age if you complete them on a regular basis.

102 Puzzle Quizzes HD (Interactive Puzzlebook for Tablets)
102 Puzzle Quizzes HD (Interactive Puzzlebook for Tablets)

5.0 out of 5 stars As always, another great group of puzzles to beef-up the brain!, 19 Jan 2013
These are some of the trickiest puzzles yet from the Grabarchuk Family! As always there is a wide range of fun and challenging puzzles to solve - how they keep devising these is completely beyond me, for most of us it is a challenge enough solving them, let alone creating them!

But practice makes perfect when exercising any muscle, and I find now that I can solve them faster as I've really exercised my brain - I'm sure that it's also helped me in other areas too, for example just generally being able to retain more things in memory and recall things more easily too. It really "switches on" your brain, although naturally you don't want to overwhelm your mind! You need time to really process the information in your own time.

As always, this is a job very well done, and I highly recommend this along with the rest of the books in the Grabarchuk Family series, for hours of pleasure that will also keep your mind sharp and working at optimum levels!

Summer Siege (Medieval Romance)
Summer Siege (Medieval Romance)

5.0 out of 5 stars Authentic Medieval Romance, 17 Jan 2013
Picked this up on a freebie day and was really impressed. I've read one of Ms Holt's books not long ago and really enjoy it so I was thrilled to be able to pick this up for free. Madeline and Tristan had beautiful chemistry and Tristan was a sexy, confident hero. Madeline is fiesty, strong-willed, if a little jaded, but Tristan soon overcomes that. I love how Madeline held her own. The historical events were a strong theme throughout but ultimately it was the romance that drove the story. A great mixture of romance and suspense!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4