Profile for aviator789 > Reviews

Content by aviator789

aviator789 "aviator789"

Page: 1 | 2
Microfiber Cleaning Cloths - 5 Pieces Pack of Double-sided Cleaning Cloths (6.6 inch x 6.2 inch) - Microfiber and Suede Cloth for Cleaning Cell Phones, LCD TV and Laptop Screens, Camera Lenses, Tablets, Silverware, Glasses, Watches and Other Delicate Surfaces (Black Side: Microfiber & Blue Side: Suede)
Offered by ECO-FUSED UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic little cloths, 11 Mar. 2016
Fantastic little cloths. Bought for cleaning grubby ipad screens and they do the job quickly and leave a great clean finish when used with a good cleaning product. Highly recommend.

Fallout 4 (PC)
Fallout 4 (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Taking the dog for a walk with firearms., 8 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Fallout 4 (PC) (Video Game)
Okay so installation issue aside....we are all aware of that and in my case it doesn't detract from the game.

I played Fallout 3 and New Vegas and enjoyed them but interest fizzled out after a while. I almost didn't buy Fallout 4 because I thought it would be more of the same. Fallout 4 is different. I can only describe this difference as feeling much more a part of a world and what is going on it. I have grown strangely attached to my dog. When other potential companions come along I can't get rid of the mutt. I actually enjoy taking time out from a quest just to roam the landscape with the dog and hunting down bad guys or discovering new locations. One of the things I love about this game is that there is so much to be discovered. Also having the ability to create, help and defend settlements adds a totally new dimension. For me this gives Fallout 4 so many dimensions compared to it's predecessors.
It also feels so much more atmospheric. At times it is colourful, at other times, for example that brooding yellow skied radiation spiking storm, utterly oppressive.
Great game.

Boss Men's Quartz Watch 1513085 with Leather Strap
Boss Men's Quartz Watch 1513085 with Leather Strap
Offered by Peter George Banks Jewellers

5.0 out of 5 stars Great design - very happy., 22 July 2015
Very pleased with this watch. I purchased a metal bracelet chronograph earlier in the year for almost double the price but didn't really like all that clanky metal and wanted something with a leather strap. I've had a few in the past but this really feels comfortable on the wrist and looks great. Have had plenty of comments whereas my clanky metal affair went unnoticed. Not that's it all about getting compliments but I think its just that there are some designs that stand out from the crowd and this is probably one of them.

Foundation: The History of England Volume I
Foundation: The History of England Volume I

5.0 out of 5 stars Great start to learning about our history., 26 Feb. 2015
Fascinating and very approachable read!

Polystyrene Plastic Disposable Stirrers - Pack of 1000   Plastic Stirrers, Tea Stirrers, Coffee Stirrers, Drink Stirrers
Polystyrene Plastic Disposable Stirrers - Pack of 1000 Plastic Stirrers, Tea Stirrers, Coffee Stirrers, Drink Stirrers

5.0 out of 5 stars Need a method of combining heated liquids and solids? Look no further., 26 Feb. 2015
Great value. Fast service. No more dirty spoons on my desk.....erm its a long story.

Pro Flight Cessna Rudder Pedal (PC DVD)
Pro Flight Cessna Rudder Pedal (PC DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars What an idiot for not buying these years ago!, 26 Feb. 2015
Have been flight simming for many years. Bought these when I upgraded to a Thrustmaster Warthog system and lost the rudder function on my old system. Having used these for 20 mins I am wondering why on earth I didn't buy rudder pedals years ago! Much more control than from a twist grip or rocker switch. Actually found myself being amazed at the improvement in ground control and also in the precision you can get lining up on a target. Crosswind approaches can be handled with grace!
Very happy with the quality. Chose these because apart from construction they appear very similar in usage to the more expensive combat pedals and its very comfortable having heels on the extended rest and operating with front of foot rather than entire foot on pedal.

Toblerone White Chocolate 100 g (Pack of 20)
Toblerone White Chocolate 100 g (Pack of 20)
Offered by Sweetstory

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect antidote to any boring diet., 26 Feb. 2015
You don't need me to write a review. You know you want this box of heaven

Theia Unisex Super Heavy Court Shape Polished 5 mm Platinum Wedding Ring - Size T

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice ring, 26 Feb. 2015
Great ring. Having shopped around a bit we were really pleased with the service and quality.

Cilio Champagne Bottle Stopper, Silver
Cilio Champagne Bottle Stopper, Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job., 26 Feb. 2015
Other half loves this for her evening tipple though, not too chuffed that quaffing a bottle in one evening is now no longer the only way of making sure the bubbles are there to the last glass.

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle for PC
Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle for PC

5.0 out of 5 stars One heck of a great flight control system!, 26 Feb. 2015
Fantastic piece of kit! Purchased for the steep learning curve that is DCS A10C and wow do these make life easier. Apart from the fantastic build quality the ability to have so many functions at easy command is a huge advantage. Its a big step to lay out this kind of money on a joystick system but I feel its worth it, and the other reviews that say it adds hugely to DCS A10C are absolutely right. I've been flight simming since the days of Psion Flight Simulator on the ZX Spectrum. i've used many different joysticks including some other HOTAS systems and this really is streets ahead.
One 'side effect' of purchasing this system is that I lost the rudder function of my old joystick. I tried getting by, mapping rudder to the small grey slider on the HOTAS unit, but it felt very hamfisted. I plucked up the courage to tell the missus that having already dropped the money on this beauty, I also needed to buy rudder pedals, and wow what a difference. If you don't have pedals this is something you really should consider. My advice? Get this Warthog system and get a set of pedals! Then take the other half out to dinner and be on best behaviour for a few days!

Page: 1 | 2