Profile for Ken > Reviews

Content by Ken

Ken

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Samsung SSD 830 2.5inch SATA III 6GBps 256GB Notebook Accessory Kit with Free Norton Ghost 15

5.0 out of 5 stars First Class SSD, 30 Jun. 2012
I had put a 120 GB SSD in my HP Mini netbook, but I upgraded the OS to Windows 7 Pro and it was a little bit small. However these 256 GB came along at the right price and I decided to get one. In fact they are now cheaper than what I paid for the 120 GB a couple of years ago. Although I store on a 1 TB Samsung USB3 external HDD, I do need a bit of space to upload pictures from my camera until I can transfer them to the external. My Mini doesn't have USB3, but my other computers do. The Windows Index went up from 7.5 to 7.7, the only decent rating on the 1.5 GHz Dual core Atom powered machine with 2 GB RAM. The SSD helps keep it cool and doesn't chew a big hole in the battery. Although the Minis cant be compared to a proper laptop; with a bit of upgrading and a mobile BB network card, they are a useful light weight tool out and about.

I transfered my OS from the older drive to the new using Paragon, I dont use anything from Symantec. Norton is a dirty word, but the disk will probably make a good beer mat. The supplied interface adapter from SATA to USB is very useful and will probably get lots of use in the future.

Cant fault the service, the drive arrived the next morning as promised.

Mantona SportsBag SLR Camera Bag for Bridge Cameras and Micro SLR Black
Mantona SportsBag SLR Camera Bag for Bridge Cameras and Micro SLR Black
Offered by Bundlestar*

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Bag for Bridge Camera, 5 Jun. 2012
I bought this bag for my Nikon Coolpix P510, which is quite a bulky camera. It would easily take a DSLR if the lens wasn't more than an inch longer than mine. I have 2 spare batteries in the side pocket, but it would take 4. The extended battery, USB charger and cable go in the front pocket, so I can charge a battery while using the camera. Memory cards can go in the mesh pocket under the top flap. The bag is well padded and everything is well protected. Its a very well thought out and strongly made bag. I give it full marks for a bridge camera, but only big enough for the smallest DSLRs.

Nikon COOLPIX P510 Compact Digital Camera - Red (16.1MP, 42x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars A Really Great Camera, 29 May 2012
Being disabled and only having the use of one hand, a DSLR isn't much use to me. This camera is about as near to a DSLR as I can expect to use. Its got a great range and I have tested it from macro to full zoom. I have used it freehand and the anti-shake is excellent, even at long range. I read lots of reviews before deciding to buy it and I think a lot of them dont do it justice. On automatic its great in good light. Its easily used with one hand and although its solidly built, its not overly heavy. Using a monopod makes it easier to use and the movable screen is very useful. The viewfinder doesn't get very good reviews, but I find it to sufficient to my needs and my eyesight isn't that special. The menus do much more than their titles suggest and you need to experiment with them a bit. I'm lucky as the menu isn't much different to my other camera, I've done a lot of the experimenting and what works on the one works on the other. I give it full marks for a bridge camera, but dont compare it to a DSLR. If you want DSLR quality and your clever enough to use one properly, then buy one. Its a little bit more bulky than a compact and you cant just stick it in your pocket. Its small enough to carry around though without looking like a tourist. I think Nikon have lived up to their good name with this addition.

Luxury Black Leather Case Cover & Screen Protector for BlackBerry Torch 9800
Luxury Black Leather Case Cover & Screen Protector for BlackBerry Torch 9800

5.0 out of 5 stars First class case, 27 May 2012
A very well made case that fits the phone perfectly. It doesn't restrict use of the phone in any way and does prevent buttons from getting accidently pushed in your pocket. I dont hesitate to recommend it to anyone who has a Blackberry Torch 9810.

Visionary VM-5 Monopod Including Case
Visionary VM-5 Monopod Including Case
Offered by Binocular Outlet Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful piece of kit, 29 Jan. 2012
With the exception of the foot piece, this monopod is very well made tool and I certainly wouldn't take points off for having to remove it. The foot piece isnt really needed; is easily removed, it flaps around and can make things awkward. I only use it with a compact camera, although I do know people who use it with DSLRs and they speak well of it. My bag is well enough made, but for the price of the whole thing, a piece of rag wouldn't detract from the price and its excellent value for money.

5 x Olympus SZ-30MR Screen protector anti glare - anti-reflective coating and protect your screen with a precisely fitting screen protector from scratches. Please also see our 3 for 2 Action

5.0 out of 5 stars Full Marks, 28 Dec. 2011
Apply like it says in the instructions and cant go wrong. They are exactly the right size for the screen, just line them up and apply. They go on smoothly with no real bubble problem and small bubbles can easily be squeezed out. I bought 10 and got 5 extra free, cant be bad for the price. I dont exactly throw my cameras around and dont actually know how I manage to scratch my screens, but I do.

24 CiberDirect High Capacity Compatible Ink Cartridges for use with Brother MFC-6490CW Printers.
Offered by Ciberdirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Ink, 28 Dec. 2011
I use this ink in my Brother MFC-6490CW and I cant see any difference in quality to the real thing. I find it first class and its certainly a big money saver. I couldn't have got it any quicker and I would recommend it to anybody.

Komputerbay 64GB SDXC Secure Digital Extended Capacity Speed Class 10 Flash Memory Card 15MB/s Write 20MB/s Read 64 GB
Offered by KOMPBAY

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Card., 28 Dec. 2011
A very good card that works perfectly in my camera. Its a HDXC and not a HDHC, so make sure your camera can use it. Dont be put off by Komputerbays low prices, its as good as any of the dearer Class 10 cards. I sometimes wonder how some companies warrant the prices they put on their products.

The card has worked so well in my Olympus SZ30 MR, I have just bought another one for my Nikon Coolpix P510. On auto the camera snaps away without any delay on the shutter. The computer reads the full amount of storage on both, I cant fault them. I have other class 10 cards and these cheaper ones work just as well and the carry a life time guarentee. I am one very happy customer of Komputerbay.

Olympus TRHLC-120 Traveller Hard Leather Case
Olympus TRHLC-120 Traveller Hard Leather Case

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Case, 28 Dec. 2011
Beautiful little well made case and I'm really pleased with it. What I paid for mine along with the camera and what they are charging for them now, makes me even more pleased. I think they are well worth todays prices, but I got a real bargain.

Olympus SZ-30MR Digital Camera - Black (16MP, 24x Wide Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favourite Camera, 28 Dec. 2011
A great little camera, that hangs on my belt and I dont know its there. Picture quality is great in all kinds of lighting conditions. I seldom need to use the flash, unless lighting is very bad. It is marvelous at x 24 zoom hand held, but you need a tripod to use the digital zoom. With x 24 optical, you hardly ever need to use the digital zoom. I've not taken many macro shots, but what I have are clear and beautiful. The few movie clips I've taken, seem to be very good. I didn't buy it for movies, so I've not really given it a fair trial. I'm not saying its better than a DSLR, but its a lot easier to carry around and a lot of my photos are comparable to my professional friends. The reviews always seem to favour Nikon, Canon and Panasonic, but this camera at least should put Olympus right at the top of the compacts. Its not the cheapest, but your getting what you paid for.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4