Profile for Alisoun > Reviews

I Heart Me: The Science of Self-Love
I Heart Me: The Science of Self-Love
by Dr. David Hamilton PhD

5.0 out of 5 stars I absolutely LOVE this book, 15 Feb. 2015
I absolutely LOVE this book. David is a master at explaining practical ways to feel better about yourself and the science that supports these. In this book he opens his heart more than ever and brings his insights and teachings alive with stories that will touch your heart - get ready for a journey of inspiration, personal reflection and healing.

Cellmates: Our lessons in cancer, life, love and loss
Cellmates: Our lessons in cancer, life, love and loss
by Rose T Clark

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant compelling and life changing book, 23 Dec. 2013
This is an incredible book that is beautifully & lovingly written - a compelling to read from start to finish.

I've had a few friends lose loved ones to cancer and other illnesses and I've learnt so much from reading this that I hope will mean I'm a much better support to others in a similar position. It provides so many valuable insights for when you're caring and supporting someone who is very ill, that will hopefully make the experience less challenging for all involved.

I imagine this must have been a very hard book to write and I'm so grateful to Rose for having the courage to share her experiences, so others don't have to endure the same obstacles she and John did, during what is already a terribly sad and challenging time.

Thank you!

Email Persuasion: Captivate and Engage Your Audience, Build Authority and Generate More Sales With Email Marketing
by Ian Brodie

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic practical guide to get your email marketing to work, 11 Dec. 2013
I've learnt so much from Ian over the last few months about email marketing. In this book Ian not only shares why email marketing is such a powerful marketing strategy (that many people miss) he also clearly explains how to give value to readers and the process to put in place so you convert readers into paying clients. The book is packed with many practical examples, action lists and resources that make it easy to implement what you learn too. Thanks Ian for sharing all your valuable knowledge with us!

Tweep-e-licious! 158 Twitter Tips & Strategies for Writers, Social Entrepreneurs & Changemakers Who Want to Market Their Business Ethically

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant guide to Twitter!, 18 Feb. 2013
This is one of the best and most practical business books I've ever read - I used to think that Twitter was a place where people 'shouted' at one another. However I've discovered from Lynn that it's all about collaboration, sharing and building relationships, which is far more aligned to my heart. I've been implementing each of the tools as I'm working through the book and can't wait to get all the way through it. I'd definitely recommend this as an excellent practical book for anyone wanting to get to grips with Twitter. It's refreshing to learn from someone with both the technical business savvy and a values based approach to marketing. Thanks for sharing this Lynn!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 18, 2013 3:20 PM GMT