Profile for Green Lydia > Reviews

Content by Green Lydia

Green Lydia

The Karting Manual: The Complete Beginner's Guide to Competitive Kart Racing (Haynes Owners' Workshop Manuals)
by Jenson Button

4.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive Introduction, 4 Sep 2013
This is a comprehensive intro to karting, covering various elements (technique, the karts themselves, how to get started, what to expect).

WMA Digital LCD Fish Aquarium Marine Vivarium Thermometer -50°C to 70 °C
WMA Digital LCD Fish Aquarium Marine Vivarium Thermometer -50°C to 70 °C
Offered by accmart

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good value, 4 Sep 2013
Much, much cheaper than other digital thermometers. Took a little while to arrive but knowing this, I ordered a couple so I have one in reserve.

I don't think they turn off (at least I couldn't manage it) and a little light would be good, but for the price tI'm being picky there.

HP 364 Print Cartridge Combo Pack - (1 x Black, Yellow, Cyan, Magenta)
HP 364 Print Cartridge Combo Pack - (1 x Black, Yellow, Cyan, Magenta)

4.0 out of 5 stars Works!, 24 May 2013
These cartridges work with newer HP printers - I was a little apprehensive as I've been bitten previously (there are old HP 364 carts which work with older models only and new ones which work with all HP 364 compatible ones, apparently).

Well, these work. They also come in at the same price as the refurbed ones I bought from the supermarket which *didn't* work.

Basher Science: The Periodic Table
Basher Science: The Periodic Table
by Basher

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute little introduction, 14 May 2013
This is a fun, colourful book which is funkily cartoony rather than childish.

There was sufficient information to help my son with his Year 7 project on the elements and I imagine it will be helpful later on in his school career, too.

The Cookbook for Boys (Usborne First Cookbooks)
The Cookbook for Boys (Usborne First Cookbooks)
by Abigail Wheatley
Edition: Spiral-bound

4.0 out of 5 stars Good starting point, 14 Feb 2011
Why boys and girls have to have their own cook books I really don't know, but this one has gone down well with my ten year old son.

The recipes are simple - but even so it's a great book with plenty of "real" (ie not Rice Krispie cakes!) recipes.

We also have Cooking Up A Storm - The Teen Survival Cookbook and I think the two complement each other well for tweens and teens.

Doodle Journal: My Life in Scribbles (Klutz)
Doodle Journal: My Life in Scribbles (Klutz)
by Elise Gravel
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, 20 Jan 2011
I've bought a few of these as presents for 10 and 11 year olds, and they have gone down really well.

I'd really love something similar that was a little less girly for the boys in my life, too.

Samsung F30 SD Flash Camcorder - Blue (34 Optical zoom, 2.7 inch wide LCD, H.264 recording, Still Image Capture, 3 Hours Battery,)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little camera and an excellent price, 26 Feb 2010
Easy to set up and use, compact, lovely to hold, nice to look at and most importantly, great video footage. I paid under £130 which is brilliant value, and I'm very, very happy with it. It's been much used in the three months we've had it.

Formula 1 2009 (Wii)
Formula 1 2009 (Wii)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Racing for the Wii, 26 Feb 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Formula 1 2009 (Wii) (Video Game)
I've given this top marks on my partner's behalf (I bought it for him for Christmas). It's the one game that he returns to again and again. The game frustrates our son (9), who is brilliant at things like Need For Speed but that's the nature of F1 games, which (quite rightly) demand a different driving style.