Profile for lqw666 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Descension [VINYL]
Descension [VINYL]

3.0 out of 5 stars I prefer them live, 28 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Descension [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Some music is hard to capture on a record, Aluk Todolo is one of those bands. The same as I think Sunn 0))) doesn't belong on a record either. They emit such a unique feeling that you'd have to put out your lights and get a very powerful Hi-Fi system to even remotely reproduce what they try to do. Is it a good record or not, well there I have a bit of a dilemma, it is good don't get me wrong but having had the pleasure of seeing them live a couple of times it doesn't represent what I felt on those occasions and that is a let-down.

Shadows of Old [VINYL]
Shadows of Old [VINYL]

2.0 out of 5 stars they have better, 28 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Shadows of Old [VINYL] (Vinyl)
A long time ago my first encounter with Aeternus was a live gig together with Isvind, Helheim,... and I was blown away by their original view on extreme music. It was a mix of doom black and death metal, with loads of atmosphere. there first full Beyond The Wandering Moon is still a classic in my eyes ...And So The Night Became was a great effort too. But this is a review for Shadows Of Old, and I must say I wasn't convinced, it is real Aeternus album all the elements are there. But it misses that little extra, the edge is gone the atmosphere sounds forced. To me it sounds like a rushed effort, the album didn't stick to me.

So if you want a recognizable Aeternus album without the thrills of previous efforts I guess you'll get what you pay for. If you don't own the previous two and even the first EP, get those ones and be blown away.

Highway To Hell [VINYL]
Highway To Hell [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars The Highway to great tunes, 27 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Highway To Hell [VINYL] (Vinyl)
I dare you to sit still while listening to Highway To Hell... Classic after classic they wrote and this is no exception. It is again from front to back a masterpiece, no fillers here. Again a must have

High Voltage [VINYL]
High Voltage [VINYL]
Offered by becksdvds-co-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars legendary band with a legendary debut, 27 Nov. 2012
This review is from: High Voltage [VINYL] (Vinyl)
The first AC/DC record is a direct hit between the eyes, nothing short of a legendary bunch of hard rocking songs. Although I'm way to young to have witnessed the release of High Voltage I can still feel the energy to date, I was born too late. This is obligatory for all who claim to be into rock.

Back In Black (Rmst) [VINYL]
Back In Black (Rmst) [VINYL]
Offered by Side Two

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterpiece, 27 Nov. 2012
From the first chime to the last note this album has no bad songs, it is a true tribute to rock. I can't keep my head still when listening to this, this is how rock should be, a celebration of life unbridled youthful mischief, one word wonderful. All the elements of a great AC/DC album are present, sexual innuendo's, fist pumping rock anthems,... everything I want in an AC/DC album is here. No doubt a must buy

In the Eyes of Joldanach [VINYL]
In the Eyes of Joldanach [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars ABSU!!!, 27 Nov. 2012
In the Eyes of Joldanach must be one of my all time favourite mini albums. This is what I need to hear from a band like ABSU. Only highlights, harsh frantic songs with great drumming. A song like Manannán is nothing less than a classic, if you don't get a energy serge from this I guess you should listen to something else. This mini comes highly recommended for anyone who likes the more layered kind of black metal. ABSU is mythical in its writing and you can feel it, it seeps of myth and alchemy. This album will convert you to a believer of the ABSU faith

Mythological Occult... [VINYL]
Mythological Occult... [VINYL]

4.0 out of 5 stars Collection of rarities, 27 Nov. 2012
If you really like ABSU you must have this compilation. All the hard to get, long sold out or never released tracks are here, it has a couple of true gems on it. I have weakness for music like this, it is raw and uncompromising. For all who missed the orignals : The Temples Of Offal, And Shineth Unto The Cold Cometh, Hallstattian Swords are on there so that should be a big incentive to get this release. Don't miss out on the best USA based black metal band ever. This is not your typical "best of..." compilation it's a testament to the early years of ABSU.

Damned and Mummified [VINYL]
Damned and Mummified [VINYL]

3.0 out of 5 stars pumping death punk, 27 Nov. 2012
I must say this is not my favourite Abscess album but it is what you might expect from them, pumping death punk. Great for a little while but not there best effort in my eyes, don't get me wrong it is still a good album but I wanted more I guess.

Purity of Perversion [VINYL]
Purity of Perversion [VINYL]

4.0 out of 5 stars Great first effort, 27 Nov. 2012
It's been a while when I bought this vinyl but it still is one of Belgium's best death metal efforts to date. It is a direct hit in the face, the songs are drenched in interactivity and youthful naivety which makes it a pleasure for any underground death metal fan. Aborted are still going strong until this day, the only surviving factor in Aborted is Sven. Call it nostalgia but I still feel the power and energy from when this was just released.

The Lexicon of Love [LP VINYL]
The Lexicon of Love [LP VINYL]

4.0 out of 5 stars not your avarage eighties pop, 27 Nov. 2012
don't be to quick to dismiss this album as a typical pop album, it is more much more. it's a marriage between prog-rock and saccharine pop. Knowing that one of the members toured with Yes for 18 months may bias your opinion on them. Although ABC might come across as typical eighties oblivion pop it is actually a very good and well written piece of work. A debute that should please casual music lovers as well as the more critical among us.

Page: 1 | 2