Profile for Lauren Furze > Reviews

Lauren Furze "TheFifthSister"

The World Is Too Big For One Lifetime
The World Is Too Big For One Lifetime

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Everybody Gets A Happy Ending evolves, 11 Jun 2010
When I heard this album for the first time I thought it sounded like a more mature version of the previous album which I think is an amazing album, but this has now became my favourite.

"Mercury", "Hearts Are Hollow" and "How Vampires Kiss" are just amazing tracks, "If Bullets Were Wishes" reminds me of the 90s slightly but the standout tracks for me are "The World Is Too Big For One Life Time", "Figurine" and the hidden track at the end of the album. Amazing lyrics from Grog, her style is really maturing from the first album and the music is such a great mix of metal, goth, rock and hints of indie/grunge in a few places.

If you loved Not Everybody Gets A Happy Ending then you'll love this. It's exactly what you'd expect to come after that album.

Æther Shanties
Æther Shanties

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent album, 3 Feb 2010
This review is from: Æther Shanties (MP3 Download)
After a friend recommended this band to me I just decided to go ahead and buy this album, not knowing what to expect. I was amazed by how much I loved the album. Really my thing. Every song is really catchy and unique in it's own right.

My only problem is that two of the songs are labelled the wrong way round when they're downloaded. "Throw Them Overboard" is named "Wanderlust" and "Wanderlust" is named "Throw Them Overboard" so you have to make sure you amend this once your download is complete. It took me a while to realise that.

If you like gothic, industrial and world music then this is definitely for you. Steampunk at it's finest, encorporating an exotic sound. I also recommend Lost Horizon which I also bought.

Christmas Caper [DVD] [2007] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Christmas Caper [DVD] [2007] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Shannen Doherty
Offered by supermart_usa

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Xmas Movie I've Ever Seen, 5 July 2008
I love this movie! I have seen it so many times and I'm so glad to see it finally coming out on DVD!

Shannen is brilliant in this movie, the story is great... it's not a typical Christmas movie at all, which I think is brilliant. It's something a little unique. I really can't wait to get my copy!

The Rendering [DVD]
The Rendering [DVD]
Dvd ~ Shannen Doherty Peter Outerbridge Stephen Young John H.Brennan
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good movie, Definitely recommend, 30 Mar 2008
This review is from: The Rendering [DVD] (DVD)
The whole way through this film I sat trying to work out what was going to happen next. Some fantastic plot twists and fantastic scenes.

Shannen was fantastic is this!

Definitely recommend it!

Gone In The Night [1996] [DVD]
Gone In The Night [1996] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Shannen Doherty

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most touching films that I've ever watched, 25 Mar 2008
I warn you that if you are looking for a good film, you've found more than just a good film here. This is one of the most emotional films I have ever watched. It is the tragic tale of murder, corruption and injustice. At over three hours long this film takes you on such an emotional rollercoaster ride.

I didn't stop crying at all watching this film and actually continued to cry for a half hour after it was finished. This movie is based on a true story and you'll find yourself wishing that you could have done something to help the people involved.

Shannen Doherty gives an amazing performance, as does Kevin Dillion. But Shannen is the one to watch.

I recommend this to anyone who wants to see a film that is truly touching but can handle the reality that accompanies it. One of my favourite films.