Profile for Dee > Reviews

Content by Dee

Dee

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Inspiring Message Affirmation Meditation Prayer Flag Bunting in Rainbow Colours - Hand Made in Bali FAIRTRADE

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 Jun. 2016
Beautiful addition to our garden.

The Chronology of Water: A Memoir
The Chronology of Water: A Memoir
by Lidia Yuknavitch

1.0 out of 5 stars So bad. So disappointed., 6 Jun. 2016
I bought this after watching Lidia's Ted Talk and was moved by her speaking on Misfits and ordered her book straight away. I made the mistake of taking it to read on holiday. On the positive side she has a unique writing style that sometimes uses punctuation and sentence construction in new ways. I didn't find it the story of a misfit. I found it the story of an addicted and horny academic who constantly referred to the rate of her sexual desire and her need to hosed down at the proximity of basically anybody. Her thirst for alcohol was great but so was her ego. To me it read 'Oh dear I smashed my car into a pregnant woman because I was drunk but isn't it funny that a great academic should be doing litter duty with really bad people and Oh I'm so messed up but everything I write gets me a job or a publisher I'll have another vodka. I really wanted to like this. If you want something to give you a boost read Viv Albertine instead.

5 Editors Tackle the 12 Fatal Flaws of Fiction Writing (The Writer's Toolbox Series)
by Linda Clare

5.0 out of 5 stars It will help you write., 3 Feb. 2016
Ive ordered more books on writing than I care to remember. They were always ok to a point. C.S Lakin for me is the real deal. I'm not just writing I am looking forward to writing every day. There's so much advice out there. Save yourself the money for pens and buy this and her twelve pillars book and work book. I wish I had found them years ago.

The Art of Memoir(Roughcut)
The Art of Memoir(Roughcut)
by Mary Karr

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Company, 3 Feb. 2016
An inspirational read, good if you have any kind of creative block. I was fast ordering her other publications .Karr's Lit is also worth looking into. She is good company to spend your reading time with. Actually missed her when I had finished. If you are contemplating writing your own memoir this is a great place to start your research.

Johnny Cash 2016 Wall
Johnny Cash 2016 Wall
by BrownTrout Publishers
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Johnny Cash 2016 Wall (Calendar)
Great album cover photos for each month. As cool and as wonderful as you would expect by Johnny Cash.

Black & White Self Adhesive Eye Stickers Eyes 12mm Peel Stick Craft Card Making - Pack Size: 50
Offered by a2bsales

5.0 out of 5 stars Fruit friends, 3 Feb. 2016
came very quickly and perfect for making fruit and veg friends just like Miranda.

100 Best Hymns
100 Best Hymns

5.0 out of 5 stars A joy. Like standing in a great Cathedral listening to ..., 3 Sept. 2015
This review is from: 100 Best Hymns (Audio CD)
A joy. Like standing in a great Cathedral listening to the hymns from childhood. 6th cd is a selection of Christmas music.

Anti-Ageing by Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream Silver 2015 Edition 100ml
Anti-Ageing by Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream Silver 2015 Edition 100ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Sept. 2015
The miracle cream. It works. Your skin will thank you.

Man Gave Names to All the Animals
Man Gave Names to All the Animals
by Bob Dylan

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Bob Dylan What's not to love?, 3 Sept. 2015
Bought it for my baby cousin. He loves the song, he loves the pictures. It's Bob Dylan What's not to love?

To a God Unknown (Penguin Classics)
To a God Unknown (Penguin Classics)
by John Steinbeck

5.0 out of 5 stars So good sometimes I find his sentences hard to believe, 3 Sept. 2015
Steinbeck thought writers should be heroes. He is. So good sometimes I find his sentences hard to believe. Life is made better by reading Steinbeck. If you don't choose this book make sure you get something else by him. He's worth the time and the money. Read him again and again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3