Profile for Karen Smith > Reviews

Logitech MK270 Wireless Combo-with a tiny plug-and-forget nano receiver
Logitech MK270 Wireless Combo-with a tiny plug-and-forget nano receiver
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent combo- very easy to set up, 25 Nov 2013
My IT man recommended this kit - and HE was right. Everything you need - including batteries is in the kit - and the batteries are already fitted inside the keyboard and mouse - so NO FUSS. (By the way these are standard batteries so when they DO need to be replaced - easy peasy). I'm not great with technology but this was easy as pie. It is a keyboard and mouse which connects wirelessly. You literally pull out the tabs which connect the batteries on the keyboard and mouse. Make sure the keyboard and mouse are switched to 'on'. Plug the USB connector thing into a USB port on your computer. Go to the logitech website (the full website address is given n the package but I just googled 'logitech' because I am lazy - click a couple of buttons (as suggested on the screen) and it is up and running in a minute or two. Just remember to switch the keyboard and mouse to 'off' when you are not using the computer to preserve your batteries. The set comes WITH batteries - so this is great - and the big advantage is that you can run both keyboard AND mouse from ONE USB port - and I am told that you can connect several bits of kit from the same connection - buy heyho I just want a mouse and keyboard lol. I'm very, very happy!

Hitachi 320gb Freeview Recorder - HDR325
Hitachi 320gb Freeview Recorder - HDR325
Offered by The Electronic Cabin
Price: 114.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working within 2 months, 23 July 2013
Bought this recorder for my disabled sister. She watches a lot of TV. Took me ages to teach her how to record her favourite programmes- even though the recorder is easy to programme! Unfortunately it froze and stopped working after 2 months of normal use. I returned it to the seller -Big Bargain Centre - they have now had it for over a month and not bothered to fix it. I am having to pursue a claim through Amazon for a refund. I will NOT buy Hitachi again NOR will I ever buy from Big Bargain Centre who have been aggressive in email responses and failed to provide a resolution. Have since bought a Panasonic, which works perfectly and will shortly review it on Amazon. I am shocked at the so called 'service' provided by Big Bargain Centre. Avoid this seller at all costs.

MediaDevil Magicscreen Screen Protector: Crystal Clear (Invisible) - Apple iPhone 4 / 4S (2 x Screen Protectors)
Offered by MediaDevil
Price: 9.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product - avoid cheap imitations!, 12 July 2013
Having tried cheaper screen protectors, I wanted to recommend this product to other Amazon customers. The pack contains two covers, clear instructions, a screen cleaning cloth and a tool for easy application. The seller also emailed links to a video to help achieve perfect application. I was surprised to receive such fantastic service, since it is sadly all too rare these days. The screen protector does not affect operation of the iphone - as cheaper products can. And stays in place effectively. It was also delivered very quickly. If you are thinking of saving a bit of money by buying a cheaper one - think again - false economy! Will definitely be using this seller again.

August DTV700B - 7" Portable Freeview TV - Small Screen LCD Television with Multimedia Player - Digital TV for Bedroom, Kitchen, Caravan... - Battery (Internal) or Mains Powered

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work on a portable aerial, 27 Jun 2013
Wanted to use in the garden to watch Wimbledon. Total waste of money. I am 35 miles away from my transmitter. The TV doesn't work on any of the aerials I have tried - including the one it arrives with AND DT200 suggested by August- even tried it on an aerial that needs electric power, useless. The TV works perfectly when connected to my rooftop aerial. So great if you want a static TV connected to your aerial at home - maybe in the kitchen? But useless if you want a PORTABLE TV - which it is marketed as. I have to say, that I wondered why the BIG TV manufacturers hadn't sent a portable TV to the market yet, now I know why - the technology just isn't available yet. Don't waste your money if you want a 'portable'. I have sent mine back.

TOMATO GREENHOUSE GROWBAG GROWHOUSE PVC PLASTIC 38
TOMATO GREENHOUSE GROWBAG GROWHOUSE PVC PLASTIC 38

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and flimsy, 25 Feb 2013
For the price, you would expect it to be flimsy - and yes as other customers have said - you DO need to weigh it down to stop it blowing away. This is NOT my problem. It IS very easy to put together but the plastic covering tears very easily. I have had my Tomato House ONE WEEK and have had to tape it together 4 times. I will count myself lucky if it lasts one summer. So definitely NOT a long term investment. OK if you are just trying out growing tomatoes - but if you decide to grow more than one year, you will need to buy a better quality product.This is a one off- not a long term investment.

Ex-Pro® SD 16GB SDHC Secure Digital Memory Card for Pentax Optio *ist DS, *ist DS2, A20, A30, A40, E30, E40, E50, E60, E65, E70, E70L, E75, E80, E90, H90, I-10, K5, K-5, K7, K-7, K10D, K11D, K20D, K100D Super, K200D, K2000, KR, K-R, KM, K-M, KX, K-X, L30, L40, L50, L60, LS1000, M20, M30, M40, M50, M60, M85, M90, P70, P80, RZ10, S1, S7, S10, S12, T30, V10, V20, W20, W30, W40, W60, W80, W90, WS80,
Offered by ExpressPro
Price: 10.97

Dreamscene Pax Duvet Cover Set, Blue, King
Dreamscene Pax Duvet Cover Set, Blue, King
Offered by Linens Limited
Price: 8.28

1.0 out of 5 stars Itchy and cheap, 25 Feb 2013
This is NOT cotton and will NOT be what you expect if you are used to cotton bed linen. Cheap, tacky and horrible, the opening has buttons but the button holes are sewed up, so I had to cut them open before being able to put the duvet inside it. Really tacky. Unfortunately I wash new bedlinen before using it, so I had no chance of returning it because I had already washed it before trying it on the bed. It is now in the bin. it sticks to your skin and feels like cheap nylon sheets. Shocking. Avoid at all costs.

Cork Screw and Bottle Opener, Perfect For Home, Restaurants
Cork Screw and Bottle Opener, Perfect For Home, Restaurants

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely cheap bottle opener, 25 Feb 2013
OK, so this is NOT restaurant quality, but a cheap, useful gadget that works perfectly. I would recommend it for home use without any hesitation.

Linens Limited Polycotton Non Iron Percale 180 Thread Count Fitted Sheet, Light Blue, King
Offered by Linens Limited
Price: 8.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid this if you are use to cotton, 25 Feb 2013
Disappointed. This is itchy and sticks to the skin. Nothing like a proper cotton sheet - stick to what you know- buy cottton!

Pet Gear 2 Step Stairs- Tan
Pet Gear 2 Step Stairs- Tan
Price: 29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very easy to put together, 25 Feb 2013
This is so easy to put together - unfortunately my old German Shephards refuse to use it! But it is easy to keep clean and light enough to move around to where you need it. Packaging states it will take 150 lb weight- so should be good for bigger dogs. The only design fault is that they are not wide enough to give the bigger dog the confidence to use it. I will persist with my big dogs and come back with an updated review if I can resolve my problem.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3