Profile for Janey Colbourne > Reviews

Ensouling Language: On the Art of Nonfiction and the Writer's Life
Ensouling Language: On the Art of Nonfiction and the Writer's Life
Price: 19.56

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliantly unique, 8 Sep 2013
This is an unusual book, in that it discusses how to write non-fiction in an inspiring way, something that Stephen Harrod Buhner excels at.

Druidry and the Ancestors: Finding our place in our own history
Druidry and the Ancestors: Finding our place in our own history
Price: 4.32

5.0 out of 5 stars thoughtful and highly readable, 8 Sep 2013
I love Nimue's writing. This is a thoughtfully written book in an easy to read but intelligent style. It covers aspects of Druidry not considered in many other books on the topic.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars genuine 100% henna powder, 24 Jun 2010
I was very happy with this henna. Can be used to decorate hands and feet. I used it to dye my hair. If you follow the instructions you get a really bright copper colour, with good coverage of grey and it conditions your hair. Would definitely buy again. Not all henna products are pure henna, and some have nasty chemicals in. This the real stuff, and it's cheap!

Peter in Blueberry Land (Mini Edition)
Peter in Blueberry Land (Mini Edition)
by Elsa Beskow
Price: 4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars a lovely book, 19 Nov 2009
This book is suitable for young children, mainly preschoolers, but the pictures and story are so beautiful it is a book to treasure. The simple story has a lovely sentiment, all about the blueberry and cranberry children helping peter collect berries and playing together. There is absolutely nothing in it that might disturb a young child. I love reading it to my daughter. I love these kind of books with stories of nature beings, a healthy antidote to a technological culture. A similar book is the Sun Egg by the same author, which is just as lovely. Both mini books are nicely bound hardbacks.

Medical Herbalism: Principles and Practices
Medical Herbalism: Principles and Practices
by David Hoffmann
Price: 43.00

5.0 out of 5 stars qualified herbalists and students buy this!, 19 May 2009
This is the book I should have had when I was a student herbalist! The pharmacology and actions of herbs chapters are detailed and I have found these particularly useful. The book assumes some knowledge of chemistry. It is aimed at professional herbalists, not really for the lay person. I would recommend this book as a good basis for a scientific/medical approach that is still holistic. Definitely worth the money.