Profile for A. Flowers > Reviews

Content by A. Flowers

A. Flowers "The Big Yin"

SainSonic Galilei Series G111 Rechargeable 3D Active Shutter Eyewear for Panasonic 2012 VIERA 3D HDTVs and 2011/2012 Samsung 3D HDTVs, RF (Bluetooth), Black, Set of 1
Offered by P&A

4.0 out of 5 stars Strong, lightweight and comfortable, 24 May 2013
Good 3D glasses, relatively lightweight and comfortable. They paired quickly with my TV (Panasonic GT50) and hold their charge for a long time. If you setup your TV to deliver the 3D content at a suitable frequency for the viewing environment, the "active" flicker is barely noticeable. My TV is at 120hz and there's very minimal flicker.

If they had a downside, they're not quite as stylish as the Panasonic branded ones however, they're also not as extortionate Panasonic branded ones!

Definitely would recommend them.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Product does not match photo, 4 Dec 2011
Ordered this recently for my iPhone 4s and on receipt was disappointed to find that the product does not match the photo. The case actually covers the "home" button and the volume and lock buttons are also covered, although they do still work ok. The photo shows all these buttons as uncovered. The mute switch is barely accessible through the rubber. Finally, the silicone is of the very soft variety which makes it an absolute magnet for dust. I guess you get what you pay for, it's low cost should have signalled that. Reasonable value if you want a temporary cover but not worth it for the long term.

50 x Tassimo Milk T-Discs / Capsules for black Coffee (50 T-Discs)
50 x Tassimo Milk T-Discs / Capsules for black Coffee (50 T-Discs)

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor, 9 Jan 2011
I'm a big coffee drinker and, after recently getting a Tassimo, thought I'd give the Starbucks brand a whirl, given their high street presence. I have to say, I was really disappointed with the drink. The coffee had an over roasted, burnt, flavour, to the point of it almost being undrinkable, and after the first 5 drinks, I threw the rest away. If you try this and then try one of the Carte Noir Colombian or Crema Intenso etc, it pales in comparison. By all means give this a whirl but I definitely wont be purchasing again.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 27, 2011 12:21 PM BST

TASSIMO Carte Noire Coffee 16 T DISCs (Pack of 5, Total 80 T DISCs)
TASSIMO Carte Noire Coffee 16 T DISCs (Pack of 5, Total 80 T DISCs)
Offered by Sarahs Coffee Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Great coffee, 9 Jan 2011
Since recently getting a Tassimo, I've been trying a selection of the coffees. I was initially sceptical about how good the quality would be but I was not disappointed by a majority of the "normal" style drinks. I'm not a fan of the ones which use a synthetic tasting "milk" such as the Carte Noir Latte or Cappucino, they taste overly sweet and not authentic. This coffee, however, was far more on the money. The machine produces a fantastic, balanced coffee with a smooth velvety head. The flavour is deep but not bitter and I should also add that the size of the drink produced is also a larger cup, compared to the more miserly sizes of some of the other coffees. You can obviously top up the drink size manually of course.

Anyway, I highly recommend this coffee and would also recommend the Kenco Colombian.

2 Piece Soft Touch Hard Back Case For iPhone 3G / 3G S ( Black / Blue ) With Free Mirror Screen Protector By I-Zone Accessories

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok for a while..., 2 July 2010
Worked fine for the first month or so but as an average user, the product quickly started to look worn and after a while, the black plastic strip started to move and ultimately broke. It's a shame as the design seemed good at first. I've since bought a different product. Which has also now broken. I think the moral of the story is you get what you pay for and while this was cheap, I think the build quality reflects that.

Black & blue 2-piece hard case & vinyl screen protector package for the Apple iPhone 3G

2.0 out of 5 stars A Mixed Bag, 21 April 2010
Product was great when it first arrived, very similar in quality to a product nearer the £20 level. After a month or so however, the product began to degrade in quality. I'd consider myself an average user of the phone and just through normal wear and tear, the black part began to "peel" and the paint started to then rub off. Shortly after this, the black part broke at the bottom of the phone, with the black part now unable to cling to the phone. Have since ordered a different style of case as a replacement. You get what you pay for I guess....

Full Metal Jacket (Deluxe Edition) [Blu-ray] [2001] [Region Free]
Full Metal Jacket (Deluxe Edition) [Blu-ray] [2001] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Matthew Modine

4.0 out of 5 stars Another good Blu Ray conversion...., 3 Jun 2008
This is, of course, a classic film and we all know the quality of casting and the cinematography however, you cant help but wonder how it's going to look when put on to Blu Ray. The good news is, you're not going to be disappointed!

It's been remastered in to full 1080p which brings a great depth of colour and added realism to the film. Like with The Shining, it makes an old film look like a recent production. While you cant always see a difference between DVD & Blu Ray, this is a great film to show you just how much more vibrant it really does look. The improved sound also helps, you can now watch it on any decent surround sound system and not have to keep turning it up or down depending on the scene.

I'd highly recommend this version of the film. If you enjoyed it originally, this will definitely improve your viewing pleasure and it'll be a great addition to your ever growning Blu Ray collection!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 2, 2010 9:37 AM BST

The Shining [Blu-ray] [1999] [Region Free]
The Shining [Blu-ray] [1999] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Jack Nicholson

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Film, Great Blu Ray Conversion, 2 Jun 2008
We all know it's a great film so instead of me going on about that or how average the cover looks(!), I'll talk about what you're spending the extra £'s on, the Blu Ray conversion.... There have been a number of older films that have been put on to Blu Ray which, simply, have been very poor (see my review on Bullitt (another Warner title FYI)). The point of Blu Ray should be to showcase the very best in picture and audio quality that is currently available. Thankfully, this title has converted very well. The picture quality is exceptional, it makes a 28yr old film look very recent. Jack has never looked so maniacal! And again, the audio quality just brings a whole new experience to the film, adding an even darker edge than you were previously aware of.

I'd fully recommend the Blu Ray version of the film, top marks.

Bullitt [Blu-ray] [1968] [Region Free]
Bullitt [Blu-ray] [1968] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Steve McQueen

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Film, Pointless Conversion, 22 Jan 2008
The film is it's legendary self but the conversion to Blu Ray is pointless. They've done very little, if anything, to the picture quality and the sound is still in the same DVD Stereo. You only have to look at the recently remastered Bond films to see what can be done to older films (they genuinely make them look and sound like a new film) and those on DVD look and sound better than this on Blu Ray. It's so disappointing to see this iconic film simply transferred to new media without being remastered. Avoid until they re-release it as a Special Edition or something.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 15, 2012 4:23 AM BST

Flight Simulator Design Studio 2
Flight Simulator Design Studio 2

4.0 out of 5 stars FS Design Studio 2 Review, 20 Aug 2003
Being a long lerm fan of the Microsoft Flight Simulator series, I decided that I wanted to create some of my own aircraft to add to my downloads.
I had some ideas in mind and when I put them into practice, I was amazed at how easy it was to use and how good the end product was. Within the limits of FS2002, you can pretty much create any kind of aircraft/helicopter you want, with easy "wizard" options to automatically automate flaps and under-carrage etc.
If you want to add your own touch to other aircraft or completely start from the ground up, from an amature designer, like myself, to a hardened "Sim-er", I really rate this product and recommend any budding designers to get it.