Profile for Mickey Fan > Reviews

Content by Mickey Fan

Mickey Fan "Chris" (Cumbria, England)

Nilfisk  C120 3-6 PC Pressure Washer Patio Cleaner Set with 1,650-Watt Motor
Nilfisk C120 3-6 PC Pressure Washer Patio Cleaner Set with 1,650-Watt Motor

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, 28 July 2012
I wish I had read the reviews more carefully. Less than two hours after first use i had to contact Amazon to request a return. The attachments are so poor that they began leaking after about 30 minutes and kept dropping off very soon after. Absolutely useless. Buyer beware!

Premium Car Charger for iPod
Premium Car Charger for iPod
Offered by Accessories Arena

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked once, 11 Jun. 2011
When things are so cheap, they usually are. This worked perfectly the first time. After that, dead as a door nail. Avoid.

Unofficial Guide to Disneyland Paris (Unofficial Guides)
Unofficial Guide to Disneyland Paris (Unofficial Guides)
by Bob Sehlinger

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, 1 Jun. 2010
Very disappointing indeed. Having used the excellent Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World for years, I decided to go for the brand new Unofficial Guide to Disneyland Paris. I was really disappointed by the inaccurate information it contains. For example: `Walt Disney Studios began participating in the Extra Magic Hours Programme in 2009' (page 44) but then `Guests at Disneyland Resort Paris Hotels are admitted to Disneyland Park (but not Walt Disney Studios) one to two hours before the general public' (page 54) and then `Resort guests are eligible to enter Disneyland Park and Walt Disney Studios one to two hours before the general public' (page 60). Confusing or what?
Information about the afternoon parade is also inaccurate: `Usually staged at 3pm'. This is not correct. Other reviews on Amazon are of a much earlier edition of this book. A far better and more accurate guide is, in my opinion, Simon and Susan Veness' Brit Guide'

Good Food: One-pot Dishes: Triple-tested Recipes: Tried-and-tested Recipes (Good Food 101)
by Jeni Wright

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I thought, 20 Mar. 2010
Having bought this book as a 'special' when I bought a slow cooker, I really thought that it would contain some slow cooker recipes. Unfortunately not. I am not impressed with the way Amazopn packaged this sale - why sell a recipe book with a slow cooker if it contains no useful recipes? I am very disaapointed.

Delia's Happy Christmas
Delia's Happy Christmas
by Delia Smith

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 25 Oct. 2009
Having bought almost everything that Delia has written I feel somewhat short-changed here. It is very little more than a rehash of the 90s Delia Smith's Christmas and the two magazines that she produced for W H Smith in 2003 and 2004. I have always been a huge Delia fan - her recipes work every time - but I think that this 2009 book is a huge disappointment.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 4, 2009 9:13 AM GMT

Disneyland Paris - The Family Guide
Disneyland Paris - The Family Guide
by Juz Griffiths

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor, 24 Mar. 2008
Save your money. How this book has got into print I do not know. It is full of errors. The photos are terrible and the front and back cover are awful. he photographs on each page are repeated many times. The chapter on the Disney Village shows the same photograph (Of a sign that says 'Disney Village'!) no less than 19 times! Honestly, do your self a favour and give this one a miss.

My French Coach Level 2(Nintendo DS)
My French Coach Level 2(Nintendo DS)
Offered by CD DIXIE

1.0 out of 5 stars Wish I hadn't bothered, 6 Feb. 2008
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Thinking this game might improve my French I unfortunately bought this. It seems to be a creudely translated version of Word Training. I really wish I had saved my money.

Hidden Mickeys: A Field Guide to Walt Disney World's Best Kept Secrets
Hidden Mickeys: A Field Guide to Walt Disney World's Best Kept Secrets
by Steven M. Barrett

5.0 out of 5 stars Hidden Treasures at Walt Disney World, 21 Aug. 2003
An absolute must for true WDW fans! This book allows you to spot some of the real masterpieces of design throughout the whole Walt Disney World Resort. Some hidden Mickey's would never be discovered without this book. What makes it even better is that you are given clues to help you 'hunt' but then, if you are struggling,a tips section more or less tells you exactly where the hidden Mickey is. We have just returned from WDW and had a great time searching out hidden Mickeys which we had no idea existed.