Profile for Roy > Reviews

Content by Roy

Roy

Turtle Beach Ear Force XL1 Headset Xbox 360 (Colour May Vary)
Turtle Beach Ear Force XL1 Headset Xbox 360 (Colour May Vary)
Offered by UK Prime

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as good as my £150 turtle beach's, 10 Dec. 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Bought this headset when my turtle beach headset broke, My previous headset was £150 though as mine broke so close to christmas i couldnt go splashing that out on myself just yet, So i thought id buy these until i can afford a better set. I now don't think ill buy another headset until these break as they are just as good as my old headset however not as comfy. I have big ears (not dumbo sized, man sized) and the holes for the ears are not that big i simply just made the bigger by cutting them and now they are fine, no other faults with this head set.. (for the xbox 360 you need the adapter if you plan on using the HDMI cable to your tv, i already had one from my previous headset but for those that don't know you do need one)

Silverline 262212 Drill Press 250mm 350W
Silverline 262212 Drill Press 250mm 350W

1.0 out of 5 stars Would not recommend this, 10 Dec. 2012
I would not recommend this, i purchase this even after reading the negative reviews which normally would have put me off but i thought id take a chance on it.

Wish i didnt now, the product did look awesome when it was assembled however i can't say it performed aswel as it looked.

The first time i started it up the power went out in my whole house, i thought it could be the extension cable i was using so after switching the power back on i connected this into the mains and again the power went out.

I checked to make sure the fuse ect was ok and then tried it again however this time a loud bang went off, something in the big motor blew up, flames and sparks came out of the machine and as predicted the power again went out after this i was on the phone to amazon to return it.

The return went smooth but took some sorting out, i got put through to amazons american call centre and the person i spoke to told me to return this at my local post office (It weighs a ton) and i don't really have a 'Local' post office so i said this wasn't an option for me i was then asked if i could return it via the post box? .... seriously the post box i said, the language barrier between me and the american lady (she did speak english just american english) wasn't very good. I eventually managed to get her to understand this was too big for the post box and she then booked a collection for it... Refund went smooth and i went a bought a different drill press from a different company and website for twice the price and GLAD i did the performance is great.

I would normally have exchanged the product and seen this as just an unlucky set of circumstances but with the fire in the motor i didnt want to risk this again.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 9, 2015 10:28 PM GMT

Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed: Limited Edition (Xbox 360)
Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed: Limited Edition (Xbox 360)
Offered by SelectGames

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, 10 Dec. 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This game is great fun, a little hard to complete, so for most kids this will be a hard game, however it has its benefits suchas the online splitscreen functionality which most games lack.. I play games online with My friend and his girlfriend and this game is great as they only have one xbox 360 console and with this game they can both play online at the same time.. infact upto 4 people can play this game online in multiplayer so its great...