Profile for Mark > Reviews

Content by Mark

Mark

HyperX 8 GB 1600 MHz CL9 DDR3 HyperX Beast Desktop Memory Kit (2 x 4GB) - Intel XMP

5.0 out of 5 stars It fits in my motherboard fine. If I were to get another 8GB kit ..., 13 April 2015
Its 8GB it works it matches my black red colour scheme.

I have this installed with the V8 GTS from cooler master. It fits in my motherboard fine. If I were to get another 8GB kit and have a total of 16GB it would be a little bit of a challenge but do-able. So if it fits that, there shouldn't be any problems with RAM clearence on aftermarket coolers.

I havent overclocked this RAM yet so cant comment on it though I am sure it would be ok.

Speedlink Black Widow Flightstick
Speedlink Black Widow Flightstick

4.0 out of 5 stars works fine with win 7 64bit pro for FSX, 18 Feb. 2014
Pros:

The throttle has a weighty feel with a good bit of resistance to it but not enough to make you have to nearly break it just to get it to forward.
The joystick fits perfectly in my hand and feels great.
Customisable buttons on the stick let you adjust flaps, rudder or anything really if you select the command to the correlating button in the menus for FSX.

Cons

Suction cups could be better, it could be my desk but I cant see how it could be.

Asus AMD Radeon HD 6450 Silent Graphics Card (1GB, PCI-E, Low Profile, DDR3, 3 Years Warranty)

4.0 out of 5 stars BE SURE TO BUY LOW PROFILE BRACKET AS WELL!!!, 24 Jan. 2014
I already knew this having read the other amazon reviews but sorry Asus I can't give your product a 5 star rating if you don't supply low profile brackets with a low profile graphics card. The other reason for putting 'BE SURE TO BUY LOW PROFILE BRACKET AS WELL!!!" as the title is to just illustrate the fact that its been a few years since this card was released (2011) and ASUS still aren't doing anything about it.

My windows experience index before with the intel Q43/45 chipset was 3.2 for business graphics and 3.4 for gaming graphics.

After installing the card (which is basically like lego, the card only fits one way so you can't screw it up it also fits Small Form Factor cases, mine is an HP Compaq 8000 elite) my windows experience index for business graphics was 4.2. Doesn't sound like much? Gaming graphics were brought up to 6.1, which considering the price was well worth it. I don't have that many games to tell you about but here it is.

The ASUS Smart Doctor allows you to change some of the clock speeds so you can overclock it a little. It comes with a preset for gaming and power saving but I am using the card for gaming which is probably why I get smooth frames, But I wouldn't overclock the card too much unless you have adequate airflow through the case. Regardless of it's dissipating heatsink.

Fallout 3 GOTY Edition.

(WARNING SOME VISTA / WINDOWS 7 & 8 USERS WITH OR WITHOUT QUAD OR MORE CORE PROCESSORS MAY EXPERIENCE COMPATIBILITY ISSUES WITH THIS GAME)

In fact you will but don't fret if I can make it work anyone can.

Runs nicely at medium which is better looking than the XBOX 360 version. Don't know what frames exactly but its definitely within the very playable 30 - 60 range on the gaming preset on ASUS smart doctor.

Oblivion

With the card installed its playable on high, nice and smooth with no lag.

Unreal Anthology

This was playable on high with the on board intel chipset and was actually overkill. Not much change here but I was already cracking the wallnut with a sledge hammer with the chipset so a dedicated graphics card will manage fine I was getting 60fps on this.

If you have any qustions feel free to ask me.

Fallout 3 - Game Of The Year Edition (PC DVD)
Fallout 3 - Game Of The Year Edition (PC DVD)
Offered by Yellow Bulldog Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine on Windows 7 Professional 64bit, 24 Jan. 2014
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Works great but I downloaded the Fallout3_1.7 patch from bethesda. I would link it but I don't know how Amazon responds to linking URL's to a non amazon site but its very easy to find.

I want to give the game a four star rating but what I really want to do is give Bethesda a piece of my mind for having so many customers (some of whom seem loyal buying oblivion, skyrim, etc) have to go through all this hassle for a game that is now coming up for 6 years old.

Bit of a problem getting it to run without the disk, and I wish I could remember what I did to make it work but what I am doing is going to windows explorer (NOT INTERNET EXPLORER) the folder icon, computer, local disk, program files x86 (probably not the same for 32 bit operating systems) bethesda softworks and selecting fallout 3.

So thats how I make it work.

Operating System
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Pentium E5300 @ 2.60GHz 30 °C
Wolfdale 45nm Technology
RAM
4.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 398MHz (6-6-6-15)
Motherboard
Hewlett-Packard 3646h (XU1 PROCESSOR)
Graphics
Optical Drives
hp CDDVDW TS-H653R ATA Device
Audio
USB Audio Device

AULA Varanus Komododensis Gaming Mouse Mat (300*235*3mm)
AULA Varanus Komododensis Gaming Mouse Mat (300*235*3mm)
Offered by Mestall(Ship from HongKong)

5.0 out of 5 stars It Works The Way You Want It To, 14 Jan. 2014
I bought this along with the AULA Blue Expert Gaming PC Multimedia Keyboard Mouse Mice Befrie and Ogre Soul by Lenk because my OCD would probably bother me if the keyboard and mouse didn't match or at least closely resemble the style and design of the mouse mat.

The first thing I noticed about this mouse mat matched the design of the mouse perfectly, it has the same tribal spider design. I pretty much bought this for the design because, lets face it. A mouse mat is a mouse mat. The mouse glides frictionlessly and quietly along the mat and yeah, thats pretty much it.

I hope you enjoy the review and I may upload a few pictures (maybe even a video review).

Offered by Fas Deal

5.0 out of 5 stars Entry level gaming keyboard and mouse, 14 Jan. 2014
As an entry level keyboard and mouse its great. Considering the price its great.

It comes with 8 transparent keys for you to use to highlight the keys you use the most I imagine your WASD and maybe arrow keys depending on the game you're playing. The mouse selectable DPI is perfect as well because I find everything over 4000 DPI to be too sensitive anyway.

One thing though, the shift key seems a little hard to press down which is quite annoying but it seems unfair to give it any less than 5 stars for quite a minor fault which is easily rectified by the user.

BEGINNERS BONSAI SCISSORS
BEGINNERS BONSAI SCISSORS
Offered by Bonsai2u

3.0 out of 5 stars Can't fault them considering the price., 26 Oct. 2013
This review is from: BEGINNERS BONSAI SCISSORS
The scissors work fantastically well but if you're reading this away to purchase these bonsai scissors I will give you 2 bits of advice.

They have started to rust BUT thats due to my stupidity of getting them wet when I was watering my chinese elm (ulmus parvifolia) so keep them away from water. But if you're pruning a cotoneaster you will need to rinse the bonsai scissors as the cotoneaster contains a toxin that is harmful to other species, no problems will be had if you keep these especially for a cotoneaster and keep them far away from any other plant / tree / vegetable.

Speaking of keeping them away from living things, of all the sharp objects to keep out of reach of children these are especially one sharp object that must be kept away because they are really, really sharp. Having said that though this is a good thing for pruning, nothing is worse than blunt tools and you could actually damage your bonsai if blunt tools are used so keep them sharp whenever you need to use them.