Profile for Grandmere Helene > Reviews

Grandmere Helene

Rebel of Rai: the Early Years
Rebel of Rai: the Early Years

3.0 out of 5 stars Early years, 4 Nov. 2010
While visiting Maroc 3 years ago we really enjoyed the music. We have always enjoyed world music beibg less hyped and people singing about what is important to them (not shallow but real life) We picked up Kasbah while there and I bought best of Khaled ,and Khaled liberte here in France, both excellent. This is his early music one track recorded when he was only 14. It is more raw, some of the songs I have on my other CDs have been refined and more backing music, its still a good CD.

The Acrylic Artist's Bible: The Essential Reference for the Practicing Artist
The Acrylic Artist's Bible: The Essential Reference for the Practicing Artist
by Marilyn Scott

4.0 out of 5 stars starting out, 4 Nov. 2010
I bought this book two years ago as I wanted to start painting again, after a lapse of thirty years. I wanted find out what is new in paint choice etc. This book is excellent covering paints, mediums, brushes, boards. Full of techiques and inspiration it is written in an easy, friendly manner and is a great book to start off with. I have seen the compainon book about mixing colours which looks a useful book for somebody like me who is a lazy colour mixer. Once my granddaughter of eleven became interested in art it was the first book I thought to buy her, I hope she enjoys it too.
The next book I would recommend is Acrylics Workshop 2 by DK books and if you want to paint landscapes the John Hammond books ,Free Expression in Acrylics and Capturing Light,by Batesford books are truly inspirational.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 1, 2011 10:27 PM BST