Profile for Julia M. Ammon > Reviews

Julia M. Ammon "Juls"

Mad Men Christmas: Music From & Inspired by the Hit TV Show
Mad Men Christmas: Music From & Inspired by the Hit TV Show

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 7 Dec. 2013
I'm a big Mad Men fan and thought I'd give this CD a try from a marketplace seller. I agree with the Amazon.com reviewer that the first two songs are pretty much useless fillers and disappointing re-mixes. Also, on my copy when used in an xbox the song names are all messed up. Save yourself money and buy it on sale if you must, but I would recommend not bothering. The artwork on case is about the best bit!

Mad Men - Season 6 [Blu-ray]
Mad Men - Season 6 [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Jon Hamm

3.0 out of 5 stars No audio commentary :(, 2 Dec. 2013
I had mixed feelings on the story progression of Season 6 of Mad Men, but that's down to person opinion on the story.

I really enjoyed the general layout of the Mad Men Season 6 blu-Ray, but was very disappointed that there were very few extras and no audio commentary available in this box set :(

Out with it: How Stuttering Helped Me Find My Voice
Out with it: How Stuttering Helped Me Find My Voice
by Katherine Preston

5.0 out of 5 stars A refreshingly honest perspective on self-acceptance, 20 April 2013
In her refreshingly honest memoir, Katherine Preston gives a new depth to an issue that the outside, non-stuttering world has rarely come across. In Out With It, the reader is taken on a Katherine's own journey of stuttering (also known as stammering) from the age of 7 years old to present day. But the story is also interwoven with information and quotes from researchers, speech therapists, famous people affected by stuttering/stammering and ordinary stories - taken from interviews with over 100 people across the USA.

I have a stammer/stutter and work in a charity that helps those affected by the issue, so the last thing I normally want to do this spend my free time reading about it too. But when give the opportunity to read this book, I was absorbed in Katherine's story and like a previous reviewer, read the book in two days. It made me laugh out load while reading it on the underground, and helped me to a have a fresh positive perspective othe journey of self-acceptance everyone goes through.

I'd recommend this book to anyone, not only those who have experience of stuttering or are curious about it. The book stands alone as a good read. Buy it, read it and appreciate imperfection.

Fourplay [DVD]
Fourplay [DVD]
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Weddings and One and a Half Hours of Boredom, 18 Jan. 2007
This review is from: Fourplay [DVD] (DVD)
I have to agree with the other reviews of this movie. It wasn't very funny, I laughed maybe once. The plot and storyline was disjointed at best. I never heard of this film before I found it for a very discounted price at a local retailer, and now I know why, I'm surprised Colin Firth even agreed to be in it, and he was the best part by far.