Profile for weduser > Reviews

3 Piece Jewellers Magnifying Eye Loupe
3 Piece Jewellers Magnifying Eye Loupe
Offered by BUYtoSAVE

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye loupes, 5 April 2013
These magnifiers were as described and work well. P r o m p t S u p l I e r

Panasonic DMR-EX773EBK 160GB HDD DVD Recorder with Freeview+
Panasonic DMR-EX773EBK 160GB HDD DVD Recorder with Freeview+

1.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic DMR-EX773EBK 160GB HDD DVD Recorder, 20 Dec. 2012
The above unit was purchased from Amazon three months ago and since new has quite regularly gone to "blue screen" and giving a message "There may be a problem with the disc.Press OK. Then the unit turns to standby, and starts disc recovery after restart." This is annoying when it occurs in the middle of a recording.
After restart the PVR appears to work okay. This sometimes will happen several time per week. I am therefore concerned that it is a sign of a more serious fault developing. I have two other similar Panasonic PVRs , neither of which have exhibited this particular problem but they have not been fault free either.
The first one that I purchased on 01/01/2007 is a DMR-EX85EB and, as it will now no longer receive digital Freeview broadcasts, I gave it away to a family member who uses in conjunction with a satellite receiver.
The second unit purchased, 16/01/2009, is a DMR-EX768EB which now does not recognise that a disc is present when it is put into the DVD player/recorder. I contacted the local Panasonic dealership regarding this PVR and they would not even discuss the problem without having it in their workshop when would then charge £40 for their opinion. This seemed to me a rather open ended situation, as the DVD writer is a non standard and expensive component. I therefore decided to buy the present recorder. On the plus side, all three of these units will still record to their hard drives and so are still useful. With the above experience I am concerned that these PVR's do not appear to be at all reliable. The above unit is at present therefore in the process of being returned to Amazon for full refund. Amazon have been most helpful in this matter and given me the opportunity to replace it with a different make of PVR. I really liked the Panasonic PVR. When it works it is quiet, easy to use and gives excellent results. I contacted Panasonic three weeks ago and today received an email saying that they are looking into the problem.