Profile for Alexander Demin > Reviews

Ukulele For Dummies, Enhanced Edition
Ukulele For Dummies, Enhanced Edition
Price: 10.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book, not only for beginners, 29 July 2013
As a former classic guitar player regardless my classic guitar background and knowledge in solfeggio, I found this book very useful mastering Ukulele. I would strongly recommend going for the interactive enhanced version with sound tracks and videos (iBook or Kindle edition, no matter) because one good recording or video costs millions of words of explanation. It is very convenient to able to have live examples at hand along with the text rather than fiddling with CD. Plus, the book is very nicely organized from the ground zero to the quite advanced techniques of mixing solo and chords. Also the information about how to choose an instrument, especially the very first one, to maintain and to take care of it is enormously useful.

Palm-Size Portable Mini Travel 2 in 1 Wireless N 802.11n/g WLAN Network Router / Client Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent device, 9 Sep 2011
I've purchased it to be able to connect to my PC at the office remotely from conference rooms. Setup is slightly confusing but I'm IT guy and after 10-15 minutes jiggling around it started working as a charm. Now when I need my personal WiFi hotspot I take this tiny device out from the desk, plug into USB and a spare ethernet line, and off you go, in a question of seconds.

Note 1: or initial setup, instead of trying to connect via ethernet, you'd better join its open WiFi network. For me it worked out of the box and I hand't any problems with the default IP address mentioned by other customers.

Note 2: I would recommend to e-mail the seller for the software update. The device is a kind of noname, so I didn't find any official web page with firmware updates, but the seller sent me the update next day. The update is not critical for the regular use. I've found only one little issue -- I wanted to use hidden SSID (when SSID is not visible by default and you have to know a name of the network to connect). Unfortunately the original firmware didn't allow me to change it. After the update it works fine and my personal WiFi network is not visible by scanning.

Note 3: When you install the update from the seller on Windows Vista or 7, you *must* run the updater with administrator privileges.

Hope that help.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 21, 2012 9:03 PM GMT

Coders at Work
Coders at Work
by P Seibel
Price: 23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Really fun reading, 1 Dec 2009
This review is from: Coders at Work (Paperback)
If you think your life is rubbish because you have to do mostly tedious and boring stuff at work, there is no fun or feeling that you do something cool, please read this book. Just listen those people's stories and motivations will be back to your. I've started to read this book from the interview with Brad Fitzpatrick because he is closer to my generation. And even after this chapter I've established again for my self -- just don't listen to anybody and do stuff that makes your fun. That's it. And you will never regret about the years spent for this.

No doubt this book is worth to be read because something every developer needs something different from PDFs with specifications and manuals.