Profile for Ms. C. Costello > Reviews

Content by Ms. C. Costello

Ms. C. Costello "Carol Curlz"

Page: 1 | 2
Eric the Oracle on Self Acceptance: Relax 'N Learn Teaching Tales
Eric the Oracle on Self Acceptance: Relax 'N Learn Teaching Tales
by Kate H. N.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eric's a STAR!, 13 Sep 2014
I got this book for a little mate of mine; a 10yr old boy who is having a tough time at the moment. He loved it! He found it easy to read and loved Eric and Cedric. I'm sure that the key messages hit home too which is great. He's looking forward to reading the rest.

My view is that this is a great way to support children through the common challenges they face in our modern world. They're learning key life skills while being entertained by a great story. Perfect!

Alphabets Galore
Alphabets Galore
by Leisure Arts
Edition: Misc.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 21 May 2014
This review is from: Alphabets Galore (Misc.)
Good value for money and a good variety of alphabets to choose from. Well laid out and illustrated with well indexed designed.

Mini Cross Stitch (Twenty to Make)
Mini Cross Stitch (Twenty to Make)
by Michael Powell

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 21 May 2014
I've stitched a number of Michael Powell patterns and I love his style. Cute, pretty, easy to do and a lovely result.

500 Alphabets in Cross Stitch
500 Alphabets in Cross Stitch
by Julie S. Hasler

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure where "500" came from..., 21 May 2014
I was disappointed with this book as I had expected a lot more from it. That said, there are a fair amount of alphabets in it. I'm don't know where the "500" total came from.

I'm glad I bought a second hand book as it wouldn't be worth the full price.

Is It Just Me?
Is It Just Me?

5.0 out of 5 stars A giggle worthy holiday read, 14 April 2014
This review is from: Is It Just Me? (Kindle Edition)
I could hear Miranda saying every word in my head. I must for us girls of a similar age. If you're going to follow all the "instructions" read it in private!

To Catch A Rabbit
To Catch A Rabbit

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 14 April 2014
This review is from: To Catch A Rabbit (Kindle Edition)
Skilfully written, captivating first novel from Helen. As I'm based in York, I enjoyed all the local references. Come on Ms Cadbury, get the next one to us!

Ben and Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream and Dessert Book
Ben and Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream and Dessert Book
by Ben R. Cohen

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious!, 14 April 2014
Love all the recipes I've tried so far. The book uses a lot of American terms and measurements so I'd suggest you buy a set of measuring cups too.

Dinosaur toy plastic figures set of 12 - Large
Dinosaur toy plastic figures set of 12 - Large
Offered by Lello and Monkey

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 14 April 2014
I used these to decorate a birthday cake for a 6yr old and he was thrilled. I fitted 5 on the cake and gave him the other's as part of his birthday present. They are well played with!

GellureTM Soak Off U.V & L.E.D Gel Polish Starter Kit 1 includes 4 Gel Colours of your choice. GELLURE GEL POLISHES ARE DOUBLE THE SIZE OF OTHER POPULAR BRANDS LIKE SHELLAC & CURE IN L.E.D LIGHT AS WELL AS U.V LIGHT!
Offered by Body Reform

5.0 out of 5 stars Slowly does it...!, 14 April 2014
I bought this kit after reading the reviews from other purchasers. Reviews on similar products were pretty varied but this one seemed to have consistently good scores.

It takes a while to get into the swing of using it and having done so twice now, I would say that if you can apply regular nail varnish, then you'll be fine. The results are just as good as I got from the salon previously.

As other reviewers have said, apply thin coats.

I found Body Reform very helpful when ordering and they answered my questions promptly and well. However, I did send an email after I'd bought the kit (I asked a question about removal of the gel) and they didn't reply which was a shame as they had been so good before that.

Just Turn Left at the Mountain: Multi Entry Trials and Tribulations Meandering Across Chinese Borders

5.0 out of 5 stars Please Sir, Can I have some more?, 17 Jan 2013
I don't have a Kindle...yet! But having read the first few pages of this book, I have decided that this needs to change. I can't wait to read about Andy's travels, trials and tribulations. If the first few pages are an indicator of what's to come, I want some more. Humorous, gritty and real...just like the man himself!

Page: 1 | 2