Profile for D. Morris > Reviews

Content by D. Morris

D. Morris (Mid Glamorgan, UK)

You Should Meet My Son!
You Should Meet My Son!
Dvd ~ Carol Goans Joanne McGee
Offered by Waltzing Penguin Productions Europe

4.0 out of 5 stars A good lighthearted story, 5 Aug 2012
This review is from: You Should Meet My Son! (DVD)
A good lighthearted story that I could watch again and again. It is, of course, a comedy, but one that isn't too far from reality - and that's what makes it so funny.

The Stranger In Us [DVD]
The Stranger In Us [DVD]
Dvd ~ Raphael Barker
Offered by Gayfilmlover

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 5 Aug 2012
This review is from: The Stranger In Us [DVD] (DVD)
This story is close to my heart and I was looking forward to seeing the dvd. I have to say it was disappointing - slow, disjointed and difficult to follow; I nearly gave up before half-time. For me and my partner it just didn't have what it takes. To be fair, we'll watch it again sometime; perhaps it will be better viewing next time.

Staywell 900 Series - 940 Tunnel Extension Only fits The Staywell 919
Staywell 900 Series - 940 Tunnel Extension Only fits The Staywell 919

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad fit on cat flap, 2 Nov 2010
While both the cat flap and tunnel arrived promptly from different sellers, and although they were made for each other according to the description, the tunnel did not fit the flap. Also the depth of the tunnel was completely inadequate for my door - I would have needed three at least! It would have helped if the tunnel depth and flap depth were clearly given in the descriptions.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 2, 2012 11:46 AM BST

PetSafe Staywell Classic Manual 4-Way Locking Cat Flap (without tunnel)
PetSafe Staywell Classic Manual 4-Way Locking Cat Flap (without tunnel)
Offered by Plumbing Supermarket

3.0 out of 5 stars Exasperated, 14 Oct 2010
This was my second attempt to purchase a cat flap for a UPVC door. (The first Staywell 300 series manual flap was returned as dangerous as I think cats could push against the lock and get their paws trapped between the flap and frame). The 919 flap itself is OK - nicely finished and sturdy enough for my two Siamese. I particularly wanted one of these as I had one previously for nearly 20 years and as many cats - though with some repairs to the hinges.

However, I could't get a white one with a tunnel (why?) so I bought a flap plus tunnel extension with Amazon. I didn't see a depth measurement on the relevant web pages so I assumed one would be sufficient. It was't. It gives a mere 3/4 inch. To add to my exasperation the extension didn't fit though it was stated to be the correct one. It wasn't worth returning the tunnel as the postage would cost more than the product, so I had to spend a hour filing it to fit. Now I need a second tunnel with an additional postage cost to make up the required depth for my door; even then, with a series of tunnels, it will be a potch job.

But to be more positive, delivery times were excellent, much quicker than I expected. Pity the deal was spoiled by poor information, a badly fitting tunnel and lack of a white flap with an integral tunnel that you could cut to depth if necessary.

LG 26LH2000 26-inch Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV with Freeview - Black
LG 26LH2000 26-inch Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV with Freeview - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but ......., 25 Sep 2009
This tv is very easy to set up; the picture, once you've set your preferences, is good although the wizard tends to result in a too-dark picture. However, the sound quality is disappointing; it's very "thin" and even with the bass turned up to 100% music reproduction is very poor; speech is acceptable. I'd like to add external speakers, but the only audio output apart from headphones is an optical one. At present I'm unable to receive digital transmissions, only analogue via aerial. Perhaps it will be better with digital.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 3, 2009 4:21 PM BST