Profile for Sister Madly > Reviews

Content by Sister Madly

Sister Madly (Melbourne, Australia)

Time On Earth
Time On Earth
Offered by westworld-
Price: 11.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow Burner, 1 July 2007
This review is from: Time On Earth (Audio CD)
As the gentle hooks of Mr Finns Music slowly engulf you, you thank yourself again and again for this fantastic collection of songs.

Whilst this does not reach the dizzy heights of Temple of low men or Together alone as a whole there are patches of brilliance here.

Matt Sherrod does a great job of filling the late great Paul Hester's shoes, Paul was indeed a great musician as are all of the Crowded House band.

Highlights include the single Don't stop now, Pour le Monde and surely the second single She called up.

Don't be disappointed on a first listen your patience will be duly rewarded.

Alright, Still
Alright, Still
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 4.89

5.0 out of 5 stars What a wonderful surprise, 23 Aug 2006
This review is from: Alright, Still (Audio CD)
In a word Wow!.

Yes I am a sucker for good pop music see my collection (Crowded House, James, Split enz, even Britney) but I did not expect to hear such a great and unique cd.

I have a promo of the new Dylan album which I have been dying to hear and here I am listening to Lily Allen, over and over. Yes this album is THAT good.

Lily's rhymes, beats and lyrics are indeed clever. She uses references all young can relate to like "being skinny like Kate Moss" and smoking pot "alfie" and there lies the secret to her success in reaching that market. Having said that I'm a "young" 32 and would put this in my albums of the year, so far.

Give this a whirl you'll be indeed surprised