Profile for kirandeep > Reviews

Knife Edge
by Malorie Blackman
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Knife Edge, 16 July 2005
This review is from: Knife Edge (Paperback)
I just loved 'Knife Edge' and I don't know why so many people say it's no good. Alright so it may be the worst one in it's series (the noughts and crosses trilogy) but it's still great! These books are the best and in every series there has to be a worst book even if it is just by a bit, just because Knife Edge isn't the best one in it's series, well OMG there are 1000000 other books witch are still worse than it-to put that in a nicer way, it is better than 1000000 other books, better?
Anyway, I'm sure that you want to read an actual review on this FABULOUS book so, here it is; Knife is a great book full of mystery, romance, suspense, murder and so much more. It's written by one of the best writers in the world and has been published in many different languages (come on you've got to admit it, it wouldn't be published in so many languages if it wasn't good)!
Oh yeah, back on track. Well, the book starts off with Jude-there's another thing I love about the book, it switches between the minds of so many different characters giving you so many peoples views and thoughts. Jude is a confused person with so mutch to think about and understand and yet at the same tme he already knows so much more than many others, he just finds it hard to cope. No matter how hard it may be for Jude with all that has happenned to him I still start to hate him for what he does (not going to spoil it for you) and what he already has done (it gets worse).
I REALLY miss Callum because in the first book, Noughts and Crosses, he really got the book moving and going and I'm sure he couldn't have done that terrible thing (read the book and you'll find out what I'm talking about and agree with me). Sephy. She's an odd character, I'm never sure how much I like her or hate her I strongly disagree with some of the decisions she makes (as I keep saying read the book and you'll know what I'm on about) but then I think 'maybe she had to do it, maybe she had no choice...'
In this book you get the story from Meggies point of view as well and I just found her so amazing, she is so different to the way I imagined her before. You get a bit from Sephy's mum, Jasmine, as well.
Jasmine is a person who has been through so much in her life, more than everyone thinks, and she has an odd way of expressing her feelings sometimes. Getting the story from her mind is amazing because you feel like you understand her, not just know her but really truly understand.
Overall the book is great. It's flawlessly paced, intelligent, emotional and imaginatively wicked. Malorie Blackman is one of a kind and I'm positive that we the readers can expect to see many more great books coming from this ingenious writer.