Profile for J. P. Rose > Reviews

Content by J. P. Rose

J. P. Rose "J Rose" (Canterbury, Kent UK)

Page: 1 | 2
The Men Who Made the SAS: The History of the Long Range Desert Group
The Men Who Made the SAS: The History of the Long Range Desert Group

3.0 out of 5 stars Personally I didn't enjoy this book as much as others I have read ..., 22 Nov. 2015
Personally I didn't enjoy this book as much as others I have read on this topic. Probably the style of writing that didn't appeal to my taste rather than any lack in the author.

12pcs 1.2 inch - 6.3 inch Green Train Set Scenery Landscape Model Tree Scale 1/50
Offered by Well-Goal

1.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for!, 22 Nov. 2015
A lesson in 'you get what you pay for!' Arrived in plastic bag unprotected which the postman pushed through the letter box. I now have an interesting bag of foliage and trees that appear to have weathered a hurricane. Not a good purchase

Hornby R8926 Skaledale Scenics Scots Pine 75mm 3 Pack 00 Gauge Professional Tree

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Nov. 2015
Excellent model trees and efficiently delivered

Mixed Green Model Scenic Lichen - Approx 60 grams

Sturdy and useful.

Lowepro Nova 170 AW All Weather Shoulder Bag for Digital SLR - Black
Lowepro Nova 170 AW All Weather Shoulder Bag for Digital SLR - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Pro product, 17 Oct. 2015
Excellent product as you would expect from lowepro. Lots of really useful pockets as well as the main camera bag. Also like the neat raincoat should you be caught out in a downpour.

Bread for the Journey (Every Day with Jesus One-year Devotional)
Bread for the Journey (Every Day with Jesus One-year Devotional)
by Selwyn Hughes

5.0 out of 5 stars Good'un, 17 Oct. 2015
Excellent thoughtful commentary

The Armourer's House (Red Fox Older Fiction)
The Armourer's House (Red Fox Older Fiction)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good and great tale, 8 May 2015
A good tale well told full of the goodness of things. Told with the skill of one who understands history and life.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars No room on the drive, 9 Sept. 2013
Been scouring the web for ages for something like this quad drive housing for my Mac Pro (2007). As I edit video the internal drives have been upgraded time and again and my backup arrangements have been very ad hoc. This drive plus the StarTec extra sata ports recommended by an earlier purchaser seemed both ideal and affordable. But would it work? It did indeed with the only pain being backing up all those TB of data up with Time Machine.
My only regret was I didn't purchase the additional 3TB drive Hdd I was thinking about at the same time to ensure I had enough headroom to back absolutely everything up in one go.
So far so good...... I was also thinking about the future MacPro. Would this be a route for the future too?

The Message of Exodus: The Days of Our Pilgrimage
The Message of Exodus: The Days of Our Pilgrimage
by Alec Motyer

5.0 out of 5 stars New for old., 24 Mar. 2013
The format of this book is excellent, the style of the writer is effective and enjoyable as well as highly illuminating of the subject matter.
Having abandoned previous attempts to tackle theses ancient tales in the wish to plumb more of their depths, I have been fascinated at the way the writer has illuminated the words on the page. His method of keeping the story unfolding yet not neglecting the detail, is achieved by numerous in-depth footnotes which you can sample or ignore on a needs to know basis, which will be different for different readers. It's certainly given me a new insights for old text which for me at least has brought them bang up to-date and relevant . I am not a keen reader of technical /academic stuff. This book has had me absorbed and keen to know more.

Page: 1 | 2