Profile for C. J. sochovsky > Reviews

Content by C. J. sochovsky

C. J. sochovsky "cj" (london)

Herman's Letter
Herman's Letter

5.0 out of 5 stars A Happy Ending, 3 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Herman's Letter (Paperback)
Herman's Letter is a really lovely book. I have to admit that I read it as soon as it came through the post, I couldn't wait for my children to come home from school!
The illustration is just beautiful as with all of Tom Percival's books, but it's also very different style from is other books. The story is a little sad, but with a really happy ending. Our family has just moved to London from Luxembourg so it was particularly fitting for my children. My youngest son asked if I could send a copy to his friend he had left behind. I always like to read my children books that have meanings and it's especially nice when they understand them.

Jacks Amazing Shadow
Jacks Amazing Shadow

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Pictures, 23 April 2013
This review is from: Jacks Amazing Shadow (Paperback)
This is such a wonderful book. The illustrations are beautiful. My kids love it. I have a 6 year old boy and 4 year old twins. My 2 boys are like Jack and his shadow! It's a wonderful little story with a great little message for kids about relationships.

Salad for Dinner: Complete Meals for All Seasons
Salad for Dinner: Complete Meals for All Seasons
by Jeanne Kelley

5.0 out of 5 stars inspiring, 4 Dec. 2012
This book has some great ideas for delicious salads, a must if you like to eat salad all year round, but are tired of lettuce.

Tobias and the Super Spooky Ghost Book
Tobias and the Super Spooky Ghost Book

5.0 out of 5 stars Spooky!, 17 Oct. 2010
This book is so beautifully illustrate, my 3 and a half year old has been studying every page, looking at every detail and seems to find a new monster or ghost each time. It is beautifully scary, but not so scary as to cause nightmares, sometimes I've had to read it 3 times before bed. Will really feed young imaginations.

Doro BM35 PMR Baby Monitor
Doro BM35 PMR Baby Monitor

1.0 out of 5 stars This is very complicated to use, 4 July 2009
This is very complicated to use, it beeps at you all the time and I'm not sure why. I'm never sure whether it's picking up the babies or not as once it was quiet and I went to the babies and they were both screaming. Then my 2 year old pulled the baby unit off the shelf onto the carpet and it broke. I would recommend the BT monitor over this although it doesn't have the long range.