Profile for M. L. Gibson > Reviews

Kitchen Confidential
Kitchen Confidential
Price: 5.56

5.0 out of 5 stars LOL, 6 Feb 2014
One of those books, especially the first half - which you find yourself laughing as you read and end up getting strange looks from other people nearby when your reading :-)

The Rules: The Way of the Cycling Disciple
The Rules: The Way of the Cycling Disciple
by The Velominati

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this if you want to know!, 30 Jan 2014
Bought this after learning about it from a cycling magazine article. Great read and most of the advice is spot on, although some is definately tongue in cheek. Read the book twice now and my best mate rates it highly - highly recommended and a must buy. Remember Rule 5!

100 Greatest Cycling Climbs - A Road Cyclist's Guide to Britain's Hills
100 Greatest Cycling Climbs - A Road Cyclist's Guide to Britain's Hills
Price: 6.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have book, 30 Jan 2014
If you love your cycling and enjoy hill climbing for the challenge, then this is a must (you can also get it on Kindle now)!

Castelli Sorpasso Bibtights -
Castelli Sorpasso Bibtights -

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and toasty, 30 Jan 2014
Although I haven't been out in the pouring rain, I have used theses recently on a cold, damp and miserable January ride of 100 miles. This was my first really long ride for many months so by rear wasn't hardened to such a trauma :-) Even so, these felt nice and warm (not overly so), not restricting and comfortable throughout the ride. Granted I was glad to get off the ikea at the end, but I was really impressed with these bibs. I nearly went for the warmer version of these but am glad I didn't now as these were fine at 3C at the coldest part of the day and I never felt damp near my skin even though road conditions meant that my legs were layered with road water and muck. They also look great (with the logos) and are reflective - what more could you want. I am 5ft 10" and 11 stone and the large fitted me spot on.

Swim Speed Workouts for Swimmers and Triathletes: The Breakout Plan for Your Fastest Freestyle
by Sheila Taormina
Price: 18.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Reinvigorated my swim workouts 😊, 30 Dec 2013
Great for taken the boredom out of your normal routine - I have recommended these work outs to several other triathletes and they all love them. Definately recommended especially when you can see the workouts on uTube if you are unsure of how to do the various techniques correctly.

Giro LX Gloves - White, medium
Giro LX Gloves - White, medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gloves!, 8 May 2013
This review is from: GIRO Men's LXLF Gloves (Sports)
I was originally planning on buying some Rapha gloves, but just couldn't justify the price (although I am sure they are worth it). Then I came across a reveiw of these and thought they ticked all the boxes, I haven't been disappointed. They fit very snug, are comfortable and remarkably they keep your hands from freezing (went out when it was 3C) whilst not being to warm when the weather picks up. As a dentist, hand protection is so important and I can't recommend these enough :-)

Microsoft Habu Laser Gaming Mouse
Microsoft Habu Laser Gaming Mouse

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite mouse by far., 29 Jan 2008
Having read the previous reviews which show that people either love or hate this mouse, I can safely say that I fit into the former. The first one I purchased was to be used for gaming, but since then I have bought a further three for work after being so impressed with the comfort and ease of handling.
Software issues? Never had a problem as I always upgrade the software after installing originally from the enclosed cdrom. If I were to have any critism, it would only that it is really designed for a right handed person only, otherwise I can't fault it.