Profile for Panda > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
NRS Medeci Crystal and Crosshead Tap Turners - Pair
NRS Medeci Crystal and Crosshead Tap Turners - Pair

1.0 out of 5 stars Sharp plastic and don't do the job, 7 May 2014
I was sent these by occupational health for my house taps. They do not work well with cross headed taps and only fit smaller ones anyway (ruling out the shower and kitchen taps). The moulded handles are hollow underneath and the edges are very sharp on the hands making them uncomfortable verging on the painful to grasp. These are going back and I will save my pennies to replace our taps with proper levers.

Stuffed Animals
Stuffed Animals
by Abigail Patner Glassenberg

5.0 out of 5 stars All you need to know to make your own soft toys., 9 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Stuffed Animals (Paperback)
This book is better than I'd dared hope, even having been on the author's blog (which is where I learnt the book existed).
It is crammed full of lessons and tips and is written so that you can progress your skills as you work through the projects, or just by dipping in and out of it. I love the fact that Abigail Glassenberg has written this to give us *all* the skills we need to create our own designs and it is written unselfishly, sharing so much that she has learnt over the years to truly set us free to create rather than just giving us part of the story. The projects are lovely which is a bonus and are actually toys I would like to make.
In a nutshell, this book is a game changer for both those starting out and those with experience. I'm usually heartily disappointed with How To craft books as invariably they either assume you know much of it already or they stop before things get interesting, this book is a rare beast and I can't recommend it highly enough.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Came up small, 19 Dec. 2013
I usually take a size 7 shoe/boot and my last DMs (admittedly many years ago) were also a 7. These came up small so I'd need a size 8. They are well made but the leather and the sole are thinner than yesteryear and the supplied laces are a bit short.

Dreamscene Pippa Bed In A Bag, Pink, Double
Dreamscene Pippa Bed In A Bag, Pink, Double
Offered by Linens Limited

2.0 out of 5 stars Very thin and 100% polyester, 31 Dec. 2012
I ordered Pippa Double Duvet Bed in a Bag Duvet Cover, Pillowcases, Runner and Cushion Cover before Christmas and only today unpacked and washed it all, then realised what I had bought. I had low expectations of fairly thin poly/cotton, but what I received was worse - extremely thin 100% polyester which is not good for bedlinen at all.

I'm also disappointed with the colours. The blue is shiny, almost green, the background to the larger flowers (including the runner) is pink, but it just looks as if the colour has run (although evenly), the background to the middle size flowers is yellow which gets an ick from me I'm afraid, and the stripes on the blue background? The thin ones are pink, the wider ones are yellow. The underside of the pillowcases and duvet covet are white with the small floral sprigs.

I'm very dismayed and kicking myself that I didn't do my homework properly before buying this.

Buster Inflatable Collar, L
Buster Inflatable Collar, L

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for our dog - but depends on who/what you want it for., 10 Aug. 2012
You inflate the inner tube, zip up the blue outer cover, thread the dog's collar through the inside straps (so a quick release collar is much more practical than a buckle collar), wrap the buster collar round your dog's neck and use the long velcro strap to fasten across the two ends, creating the "ring doughnut".

Our dog reacted very poorly to the traditional cone of shame but this has worked beautifully as a replacement, she is much calmer and my shins/furniture are also very grateful.

She is a schnauzer/beardie cross and ordinarily wears a 15.5" (39cm) collar so she should've had a size medium buster, in spite of this I ordered the large in the hope of avoiding a large gap between the two ends of the split ring. This has worked well, the collar fits with no gap that can have a nose shoved through and the depth means her spay wound is out of reach no matter how she tries to contort herself. I would recommend going up a size if your dog's neck measurement is close to the max "fits neck" measurement. Our dog can reach her bottom, paws and bottom halves of her legs but not as I've said, her spay wound, so bear this in mind if you want to avoid chewing in those other areas. I'd say this works better for stocky dogs than those with long necks/noses but this collar has been just what we needed.

Size guide (all sizes are approx) (from manufacturer)

Size........Outer Diameter.......Inner Diameter........Fits Neck
X-Small .......16cm...................5cm .....................16-21cm
Small............22cm ..................7cm.....................20-26cm
Medium .......25.5cm................11cm....................28-40cm
Large...........30.5cm................16cm....................40-52cm
X-Large........36cm..................18cm.....................48-58cm
XX-Large......44cm...................22cm ...................58-72cm
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 14, 2015 6:04 PM GMT

CLIX CAR SAFE Medium
CLIX CAR SAFE Medium

4.0 out of 5 stars Good with a small but...., 26 May 2012
This review is from: CLIX CAR SAFE Medium (Misc.)
The harness is fully adjustable, (we have a medium to fit our beardie) and it clicks straight in to the seatbelt buckle so it's fast and easy to switch seats. The seatbelt webbing is ideal and the padding good, it fits easily by putting it over the dog's head then clipping together each side together at the top.

The seatbelt length is sewn directly on to the harness which means it's not reliant on an extra catch which could fail.The downside of that for us is that when you're out of the car there is no system to fold the seatbelt metal tongue and webbing away. You can tuck the metal bit (tongue) in to a small opening on the top of the harness but one good dog shake and it comes free. If you attach a normal length lead to the seatbelt metal tongue it becomes too long so we've used a very short (as in almost just a handle) leash to clip on to it once we're out the car.

We like it as a seatbelt system, we use an thinner harness for ordinary walkies.

Energenie Remote Control Sockets (Pack of 4)
Energenie Remote Control Sockets (Pack of 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Energenie Remote Control Sockets, 18 Feb. 2012
So far so good, I'm more than happy with the sockets (set of 4).

Certified for 13A appliances, off switch on the sockets themselves, remote control has on and off buttons (including a button to turn all off or on) so you know what you're doing. Although the box warns there may be interference if you run the sockets close together, I have two working well upstairs with one socket gap between them. I can toggle (electric blanket upstairs) on and off while I'm still downstairs, which is ideal for the knackered and infirm amongst us :-)

It's worth noting that you cannot get spare remote controls, so don't lose it or break it or you'll have to replace the sockets as well (due to the coding between the sockets and the remote). ETA - April 2012 spare remotes are now available :-)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 5, 2012 11:24 AM BST

French Connection FCUK Ladies Watch BP35.14FCX With Tan Leather Strap
French Connection FCUK Ladies Watch BP35.14FCX With Tan Leather Strap

5.0 out of 5 stars A decent watch, 4 Mar. 2011
The watch appears well made.
It is quite chunky/substantial with the face being wider than an inch and quite deep, with a wide brown leather strap. The fcuk logo is very noticeable.

For the record it is water resistant to 3ATM (according to the inscription on the back of it), information I hadn't managed to glean before ordering it, and it comes with a manufacturers 2yr guarantee.

In the end I returned the watch because it was larger than I was looking for and I don't have dainty wrists! I'd go as far as to say this could work as a unisex watch. A shame though.

Deluxe Magnifying Lamp XR
Deluxe Magnifying Lamp XR

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent lamp and really smart to look at, 17 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Deluxe Magnifying Lamp XR
Most lamps useful for task lighting/crafts do not have a shade, something I needed so I that I could have bright light without disturbing anyone else in the room and they generally look too modern to go in an old cottage. I researched many lamps and anything close to this cost way more money.

This is very stylish as well as practical and would sit just as well in our cottage, as a 1930's house or indeed in a modern apartment.

This arrives with the pole in 3 sections - you just screw them together (from the bottom up), screw on the lampshade, then the lightbulb, plug it in and enjoy. It takes minutes and is simple to do.

It is of a good quality (it would need to be for the price!), the base if heavy enough and the adjustability of the light it brilliant. You can slide the extension arm up and down to adjust the height, you can adjust the angle of the extension arm and rotate the lampshade/light itself.

The only niggle I have is that the on/off switch is a floor switch (it's a good size, about an inch diameter) - located on the mains cable adjacent to the base of the lamp. From an aesthetics point of you I can understand this, but as my lamp is tucked in the corner between a table, dog basket and my sofa, it's a bit of a hassle. I'm impressed enough with this lamp not to drop a star for the floor switch - besides, that may be ideal option for some folk.

Brilliant lamp, I'm very happy with it and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Panasonic Lumix ZX3 Digital Camera - Blue (14.1MP, 8x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD

3.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing, 17 Feb. 2011
I wanted a camera small enough to keep with me, this is neat, well made and looks good. The fact that it has a display option showing a histogram is a needed & welcome bonus for any camera without a viewfinder. It is fairly straightfoward to play with settings, though I object to the lack of printed manual over and above the Getting Started type guide and that the fancy s/ware doesn't work on a Mac (note that the camera works fine with a Mac, it's just the extra software!).

I chose this as the Lumix series has a good reputation although this model seems less common than most, its size and optical zoom appealed to me for the price. However I've had minimal success in getting decent photos out of this model. It over processes the images so that when you look at all but the stillest and brightest photos, the images have varying degrees of an "oil painting" look about them (smoothing of the noise another reviewer referred to). I've tried capping ISO, forcing flash on and all sorts. On the plus side, it handles macro quite well.

My husband's Canon Powershot A720 IS, though bulkier and with less zoom is an 'old model' and gives this a run for its money.

Disappointed doesn't begin to describe it, I'm using my iphone camera again - that must say it all.

Buy another model, don't waste your money on this one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4