Profile for L. Terry > Reviews

Content by L. Terry

L. Terry "Lampy" (London)

Mind Over Fatter: See Yourself Slim, Think Yourself Slim, Eat Yourself Slim
Mind Over Fatter: See Yourself Slim, Think Yourself Slim, Eat Yourself Slim

4.0 out of 5 stars Not easy to access free downloads!!, 1 Jan. 2015
The book is, like Body Blitz, excellent! One massive niggle...to get the free downloads you have to go to a website and type in the last word on page 13...great - my kindle fire doesn't show page numbers, tried counting the pages but the word is wrong - of course, that'll be because the font size you choose alters words on page! This really requires more thought from the publisher!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 4, 2015 3:50 PM GMT

Bemis 7250STX Ashford Thermoplastic Toilet Seat with Stainless Steel Hinges - White

2.0 out of 5 stars No fitting instructions and doesn't feel robust., 15 Dec. 2014
Cheap loo seat that reflects the price - looks quite cheap and seems quite bendy - I'm only 8 stone but I was a little timid when sitting on it!

What was most annoying was that the product content description promises fixing instructions - there weren't any, I can see a previous customer had the same experience! I then tried to google instructions - no joy as Bemis have a variety of different seats with different fittings and I was losing the will to live trawling through YouTube videos on "how to fit a Bemis loo seat" so I had to faff about with it for a bit - it doesn't look/feel right but I assume it's just because it's a cheap loo seat rather than it being fitted wrongly.

All in all, it'll do.

Beldray 4 in 1 Air Cooler, Heater, Humidifier and Purifier
Beldray 4 in 1 Air Cooler, Heater, Humidifier and Purifier

2.0 out of 5 stars Half a job!, 13 July 2014
It's ok, but better than a fan but because only half of the front lets out air the effect is pretty minimal. Really flawed design in my opinion.

Black 'Thinking Time' Embellished Bath Pillow
Black 'Thinking Time' Embellished Bath Pillow
Offered by Bargain Warehouse

1.0 out of 5 stars Wasted my time to think...., 7 Dec. 2013
Within 5 mins of the first use the suction plug came off on one side, I spent ages fiddling with it until it was precariously repaired, within another 5 mins both plugs had come off so I gave up. I think this pillow is really badly designed and made: plugs really badly fixed, padding awful and also makes it far too heavy when wet, this makes the suction plugs useless, if they had even been securely fixed in the first place. Don't waste your precious bath time on this product, keep browsing and choose a decent one!

rooCASE EZ-ON Anti-Glare Screen Protector for Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7 Inch (100% bubble free installation)
Offered by PCMICROSTORE

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent but I'm perplexed..., 25 Oct. 2013
I'm really impressed with this screen protector, I'm not worried about scratches but I really struggle to read when the light reflects from my Kindle screen, I'd tried other matte screen protectors and they were a nightmare - annoying bubbles that no amount of smoothing would rectify, dreaded dust etc. This went on really easily, it's quite rigid and you can easily reposition on to the screen.

What confuses me is this:

1. The instructions tell me to smooth the bubbles out and then remove tab 2...there is no tab 2...am I missing a sheet, a tab, or have I got instructions for a different item!?

2. It includes a scraper to help with bubbles, it tells you to smooth out bubbles and another reviewer mentions bubbles, but my protector hasn't produced a single bubble, despite me lifting it on and off and fiddling with it.

3. It says it's reusable and washable - I don't see how it would remain sticky if I took it off and washed it, but I think I will just wipe it clean anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, my question is simply this: do I have a different (superior) product, or, have I still got part of the screen protector to remove!? I can't see that it does have a film attached.

Oh well, I'm happy with what I have, even if it has foxed me ever so slightly!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 22, 2014 7:06 AM BST

Opal Moisturising Sleep Socks
Opal Moisturising Sleep Socks
Offered by World Wide Shopping Mall Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Great socks but itchy label!!, 29 Aug. 2013
These socks are fantastic for using with foot lotion but for one flaw - why oh why stitch itchy, unnecessary logo labels into them?? I had no choice but to cut them out but because they'd been stitched in when the socks were stitched together it meant I had to re-stitch them, not a massive job but I shouldn't have had to do it!