Profile for kentishmaid > Reviews

The Best Of Linda Ronstadt: The Capitol Years
The Best Of Linda Ronstadt: The Capitol Years
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Aug. 2015
Love this album. Love Linda's voice.

Agua de Colonia Concentrada Cologne (220ml)
Agua de Colonia Concentrada Cologne (220ml)
Offered by Shave Lounge

4.0 out of 5 stars I don't like heavy perfume in hot weather, 19 Aug. 2015
Have not tried this cologne before but on recommendaton of someone on another site I decided to order it as I wanted somethig fresh & clean smelling for the warmer months. I don't like heavy perfume in hot weather. This came very well packaged & I really like the clean smell. It does not last long, but this I already knew - these type of colognes don't tend to. I have decanted mine into an empty scent bottle with a spray & also into a small handbag size atomizer so I can top up the scent during the day.

The French House
The French House

2.0 out of 5 stars Pointless, 7 Jun. 2015
This review is from: The French House (Kindle Edition)
It's bit like a Mills & Boon for the 21st century - with sex & drugs, but not as well written. The sex scenes are clumsy. The whole book is really just diaglogue & a lot of it is tiresome. There are several phrases used repeatedly which are annoying e.g. one or other of the two main charactors are constantly "bumping each other with their hips" & Victor "nuzzling her neck". Then there is the small question of believing that an intelligent woman with a good career & old enough to know better, decides that after knowing a man for 1 whole month, that he is the ONE & that she wants to start trying for a baby immediately - oh & move to France with him. Oh, and he is a gynecologist who wants to give up a successful career & live in a ruin in France & keep goats - of course he does!! However, in true Mills & Boon fashion everyone lives happily ever after including the elderly mother marrying her 20 something North African lover. Thank god it was cheap & didn't take long to read.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy, 20 May 2015
Very pleased with my hairband. I have very thick hair & this is strong enough to keep my hair off my face & looks nice as well.

Whistle Down The Wind [DVD]
Whistle Down The Wind [DVD]
Dvd ~ Alan Bates

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Film, 1 May 2015
This review is from: Whistle Down The Wind [DVD] (DVD)
I first saw this film many years ago when I was a teenager & it found it very moving; I never forgot it. Several decades later & I decided to buy the DVD & have today just watched it again. I still think this is a wonderful film with fantastic child actors, but had forgotten how funny some of the children are, particularly Charles, the youngest son - he has some great lines & is a cracking little actor - he almost stole the film. I love that the children were chosen from the local school so that their accents are authentic. In some ways I find it hard to watch as you see how much harder & basic life was in the 1950s & 60s & how different attitudes were to children then, not that they were cruelly treated but just that children were treated & spoken to differently then & there doesn't seem much tenderness shown to the 3 children, but that is with 21stC sensibilities. When I first watched this I didn't see this as I was living in that era although thankfully not motherless. Athough I think that today so many children & teenagers are pampered and infantalised to the extent that many of them seem incapable of crossing the road safely, I for one think it is progress that we understand so much more about children's emotional health & are kinder to children. For me the most heart wrenching moment is at the end when Kathy is standing on her own after Alan Bates character has been led away ; she looks so desolate & all I could think was that she had no mother to turn to & to hug her. In fact I feel that the reason Kathy is so ready to believe that Alan Bates is Jesus is because her own mother is dead & "in heaven". The only thing that didn't ring true to me was the children's father. He seems rather old in comparison to the age of the children although it is possible he married a much younger woman, but in those days the majority of people married in their early/mid twenties which would mean he should be in his forties. I feel that the actor playing the father looks looks too old & too well fed for a physically active farmer in the early sixties - but I am ready to be told that I may be overthinking this. This is a marvelous film, and I love it.

Utopia Biscotti Jar Extra Large 6.2ltr | Food Storage Jar, Glass Jar, Push Top Jar
Offered by Noble Express Catering Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for storing my makeup brushes, 25 April 2015
My jar was well wrapped in plenty of bubble wrap & was in one piece. Very nice jar & the lid has a plastic seal which although is not really airtight would probably be ok for storing pasta or dried beans etc. I am very pleased with my jar which I am using to store my makeup brushes - I have filled one third of the jar with coloured beads into which I then stand my brushes - an idea I got from pinterest.

Master Class Soft-Grip Stainless Steel Fish Slice, 35 cm (14")
Master Class Soft-Grip Stainless Steel Fish Slice, 35 cm (14")

5.0 out of 5 stars Feels solid & nice weight to it, 25 April 2015
Feels solid & nice weight to it. Very comfortable to use. Really like this turner & works well with my cast iron frying pan.

Analog Address Book
Analog Address Book
by Julia Rothman

5.0 out of 5 stars Great address/telephone book, 16 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Analog Address Book (Hardcover)
Lovely address book with plenty of room to write name/address/email/mobile & landline no. in. Love the cheerful cover & which really stands out & leaves you in no doubt what it is. Love mine.

Fiskars Classic Folding Scissors 10cm
Fiskars Classic Folding Scissors 10cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 Aug. 2014
Excellent little scissors that fold away safely.

Clover Knitting Needle Tube Case, Purple
Clover Knitting Needle Tube Case, Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars ... the job & takes my long needles and I like the colour, 10 Aug. 2014
Does the job & takes my long needles and I like the colour.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6