Profile for Melissa > Reviews

Dumbledore's Wand
Dumbledore's Wand
Offered by Otherland
Price: 27.01

5.0 out of 5 stars ... has a surprising weight on it and is of brilliant quality. It is made out of resin, 11 July 2014
This review is from: Dumbledore's Wand (Toy)
It has a surprising weight on it and is of brilliant quality. It is made out of resin, not wood not that fact is important to me I thought it would be good to inform others! I liked it, my dad (to whom it was for) loved it. Gift well received

Womancode: Perfect Your Cycle, Amplify Your Fertility, Supercharge Your Sex Drive and Become a Power Source
by Alisa Vitti
Price: 9.09

4.0 out of 5 stars It's good.. apart from the fleshing out., 10 Feb 2014
The advice is simple, do-able and has helped me begin to clear my system of IBS. Definitely a book to read if you are prepared to make dietary changes to make yourself feel better. I say this as I know many people who would just prefer to eat what they like, enjoy it and worry about the consequences afterwards.

My only issue with this book is there is a lot of... "I can make you feel like this, that and the other (but I'm not going to tell you until later). did you know I researched hormones for years. I've told you this already but I need to make the later for the bit that I've already begun explaining to you." ... Basically fleshing out the book. Personally I'd rather be told what I'm doing wrong, the clear advice and maybe a bit of the science behind it after. I don't like repetition within a book (unless it's quick summing-up bullet points,) and I don't like being told half a story and having to wait until 'later' to find out the rest. I found myself skimming over some of the pages which I can't help thinking is a waste of paper.

However like I said 4/5, the advice that is there is great and could help a lot of people, just have to put up with a bit of fleshing out.

Beautiful Girl: Celebrating the Wonders of Your Body
Beautiful Girl: Celebrating the Wonders of Your Body
by Dr. Christiane Northrup
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book, 10 Feb 2014
This book is lovely. The words are inspiring and the illustrations are stunning. I would say this book is for 7 years onwards having read it all the way through. My daughter is still far too young to understand what it is saying however she enjoys the pictures.

Party Indoor Sparklers (1x Tube of 10 Sparklers) - Perfect for Wedding, Birthday & Celebration Cakes - Ideal for Cocktails and Drinks - Cocktail Accessories & Decorations

5.0 out of 5 stars What it says on the tin, 10 Feb 2014
Indoor party sparklers, I bought these to use on cocktails, does the job nicely. Will probably buy the same ones again when needed.

Llewellyn's 2014 Witches' Spell-A-Day Almanac: Holidays & Lore (Llewellyn's Witches' Spell-A-Day Almanac)
by Llewellyn
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little book!, 10 Feb 2014
I chose 5 stars for this rating as it is MUCH more than I expected.

I like that it doesn't spend over half the book explaining ceremonial magic. Don't get me wrong it's great if you're just looking into witchcraft, paganism, spirituality but you can find such things on the internet, the library and over 90% of other "spell books".
See, you would probably class me as a Hearth or Cottage witch, so I was very happy to see that each spell, meditation and focus for each day was more or less a guideline which allowed me to take the inspiration and use it in my own style. However, if you are a beginner you can just follow what it says and it would be just fine! EG, if there is a chant you can just say the chant with intent, or you can go into a meditative state and sing the chant, or you could cast a circle and ritualise the chant, use candle magic, call the divinity .. or however you choose to add focus to your intent.
Each day has a colour and a smell/incense suggestion which is also another great way to add spirituality to your day and anyone can do it from the advanced, beginner to the busy office workers or even single mothers. The simplicity makes it very inclusive!
Then it shows you, on each day, where the moon is in it's phases (new, waxing, full etc) and what house it is residing in (Capricorn, Aquarius etc), in the back there is a small appendix explaining what each zodiac house can add to your spells and how the moon's phases can add it's own energy (e.g. waxing moon in cancer for help in domestic chores..) so if you want to create your own spells there is that help there too!
The only downside to this book is that is in Eastern American Time and I live in GMT so a little math is required to double check where the moon is and when it's changing houses. However I could just search this online if I really can't work it out.
I really love this book and I can see me using the historical references and other spells in many years to come. Completely worth the money!