Profile for Stephen Connolly > Reviews

Content by Stephen Connolly

Stephen Connolly

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Drop (Harry Bosch Book 17)
The Drop (Harry Bosch Book 17)

5.0 out of 5 stars THE NAME IS ALMOST THE SAME, 3 Aug. 2013
I first started reading Connelly because the name is so similar to mine. However Harry Bosch is truly addictive. The twists and turns, the honesty and vulnerability of the main man make all the books compelling reads. This one is no different.

The Heritage Paper
The Heritage Paper

5.0 out of 5 stars My best read for a long time, 24 Jun. 2013
Unusual thriller, difficult. Subject well written. I enjoyed the twists and turns and the final denouement was superb. Perhaps some of the characters were a little thin, but hey you can.t have everything.

Admiral Hornblower: Flying Colours, The Commodore, Lord Hornblower, Hornblower in the West Indies: "Flying Colours"; The "Commodore"; "Lord Hornblowe

5.0 out of 5 stars My all-time favourite, 27 May 2013
I have been reading Hornblower for 50 years. Every time is as fresh as the first time. The whole series is a must for my library.

49 Things Your Students Want To Tell You But Can't!
49 Things Your Students Want To Tell You But Can't!

5.0 out of 5 stars Student thoughts, 8 May 2013
Quirky but entertaining book. Doesn't really tell me anything new but it's good to see and confirm things in writing.

BBC iPlayer
BBC iPlayer

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential App, 8 May 2013
This review is from: BBC iPlayer (App)
Couldn't say my Kindle was complete without the iPlayer. Simple to install, especially when you get the BBC media app.

Autism Spectrum Disorders -  An Essential Guide for Parents
Autism Spectrum Disorders - An Essential Guide for Parents

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy to understand, 24 Mar. 2013
Found this a useful explanation of the topic. Not over technical but very clear and easy to understand. Recommended as a beginners guide

Battery for Navman S30, S50, S70, S80, S90, S90i 1250mAh - BP-LP850/11-A1 L
Battery for Navman S30, S50, S70, S80, S90, S90i 1250mAh - BP-LP850/11-A1 L
Offered by UK Battery

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Perfect, 24 Mar. 2013
Did the job exactly as expected. Saved me over £120 by refurbishing my existing SatNav. Great deal. I highly recommend it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 29, 2014 11:24 AM BST

The Kafenion
The Kafenion

4.0 out of 5 stars I want more . . ., 21 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Kafenion (Kindle Edition)
I was disappointed that there was only one story. It was well written and entertaining. Reminded me of holidays on Corfu. More would've been better

The Roald Dahl CD Collection - 27 CD's Set - Retail Price £120.98 (Matilda; Charlie and the Chocolate Factory; James and the Giant Peach; The BFG....)
by ROALD DAHL
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Dahl strikes the right note, 21 Jan. 2013
This collection supplements the hard copy books I have been reading my grandson. Now in the care he listens to his favourites not playing his DS . Result.

Wild Republic 30cm Cuddlekins Wolf
Wild Republic 30cm Cuddlekins Wolf

4.0 out of 5 stars Savage Wolf saves the Day !, 21 Jan. 2013
This savage animal proved a winner to my 6 year old grandaughter ! She had been listing so many things for Christmas, which of course her parents sorted, then "A wolf !"
"Tom" the wolf arrived on time for Christmas. I brushed his fur and repacked. Perfect.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4