Profile for Stephen Connolly > Reviews

Content by Stephen Connolly

Stephen Connolly

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Seconds Away (Mickey Bolitar Book 2)
Seconds Away (Mickey Bolitar Book 2)
Price: 5.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Still not convinced !, 11 Mar 2014
I'm not sure that Mickey Bolitar is a strong enough character to stand apart from his uncle. I did enjoy the read and the end hook was enough to get me to buy the next one.

The Detective's Daughter
The Detective's Daughter
Price: 2.09

4.0 out of 5 stars Agood read if a little strange, 4 Feb 2014
This took me a while to read. I found some of the characterisation difficult. Still once overcome it was good plot and excellent development.

Live Wire (Myron Bolitar Book 10)
Live Wire (Myron Bolitar Book 10)
Price: 4.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great read, 1 Feb 2014
I've read all the Bolitar novels and this is the most intricate most satisfying of all Tremendous. Roll on the new series

Sycamore Row
Sycamore Row
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Another one to re read., 5 Dec 2013
This review is from: Sycamore Row (Kindle Edition)
I love Grisham and this book is up there with all the others. Brigance is a great character among so many others. Next one. ?

The Chosen Dead: Coroner Jenny Cooper mystery -book 5 (Coroner Jenny Cooper Series)
Price: 3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good read !, 22 Oct 2013
I've enjoyed each of the coroner books, this one no different lots of twists and turns, excellent. I can heartily recommend this book.

Dead Man's Time (Roy Grace 9)
Dead Man's Time (Roy Grace 9)
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Getting better all the time, 22 Aug 2013
Roy Grace is a superb character. He's flawed ans somehow more real for that. This plot has the usual twists and turns and there is a great deal of uncertainty and prolonged suspense.
I LOVED IT.

The Forgotten (John Puller 2)
The Forgotten (John Puller 2)
Price: 3.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the others., 11 Aug 2013
Too many loose ends and unexplained incidents .Characters too shallow .Still the plot was good. I would have preferred the plot development to have been more detailed.

The Drop (Harry Bosch Book 17)
The Drop (Harry Bosch Book 17)
Price: 5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars THE NAME IS ALMOST THE SAME, 3 Aug 2013
I first started reading Connelly because the name is so similar to mine. However Harry Bosch is truly addictive. The twists and turns, the honesty and vulnerability of the main man make all the books compelling reads. This one is no different.

The Heritage Paper
The Heritage Paper
Price: 1.79

5.0 out of 5 stars My best read for a long time, 24 Jun 2013
Unusual thriller, difficult. Subject well written. I enjoyed the twists and turns and the final denouement was superb. Perhaps some of the characters were a little thin, but hey you can.t have everything.

Admiral Hornblower: Flying Colours, The Commodore, Lord Hornblower, Hornblower in the West Indies: "Flying Colours"; The "Commodore"; "Lord Hornblowe
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My all-time favourite, 27 May 2013
I have been reading Hornblower for 50 years. Every time is as fresh as the first time. The whole series is a must for my library.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3