Profile for Martin Berdych > Reviews

Content by Martin Berdych

Martin Berdych (Prague, Czech Republic)

Nokia Lumia 900 Sim Free Mobile Phone - Black
Nokia Lumia 900 Sim Free Mobile Phone - Black
Offered by UK Supplies
Price: 174.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I like WP7, 20 Jun 2012
Where to start. I went through pretty much all the platforms. Couple of years with Blackberry, couple of months with Android, 3 years with iPhone(s), Windows Mobile many years ago (horrible experience) and even Palm. If I look to last years, iPhone 3Gs and 4 was great. Then I realized that I need bigger display. Looked around tested couple of devices and ended up with HTC Titan as a first WP7 experience. I liked that device, but there was annoying bug with muffled voice during call and so I got rid of it and bought Galaxy Note and quickly changed for Galaxy Nexus.

Now, coming to Lumia 900. I have to say, it has less cores, less memory, smaller display, lower resolution. So is that fail? No absolutely not. I am honestly saying, that using Lumia is much more pleasure then Nexus. It is fast, I like the WP7 concept. It is limited on certain things, but nothing that would be extremely problematic for me. Phone size including display is just about that. Exchange sync is obviously flawless (not like on Android), integration with social networks is brilliant. Keyboard typing is absolutely fantastic and I couldn't find a keyboard on Android where I would be able to type so precisely as on WP7. I had in my hands for a day Lumia 800 and this is definitely more mature product in all aspects. Battery life seems to be average, 1 day non problem with push active for Exchange, Gmail, active chat and quite heavy usage. I expect it gets a little better as the battery settles down. If you like WP7, there is no better device now. I haven't tested camera yet, but I assume it is going to be more than acceptable. There are 2 things I see as a problem. First is the little metal thing around camera lens which gets scratched very quickly. The other is price of the device. Considering the HW spec and fact that Nokia needs to get stronger, I would expect more aggressive pricing. 450GBP is simply a lot, if you just look around for comparable devices. I knew why I wanted it, but customers usually compare bit more than I did.

In terms of Amazon service no complains. I live in Prague (Czech) and I was surprised how quickly the item was delivered. I ordered on Wednesday around 6pm. Thursday around 6pm I got a mail that item was dispatched. It was delivered 10am on Monday, so 3 days delivery including weekend is incredible for 6 pounds. So overall, very satisfied with Amazon services so far.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 20, 2013 10:15 PM GMT

Duronic HDS3 Mini 3 Port Gold HDMI Auto Switch PIANO BLACK 3x1 (3 way input 1 output HDMI Switcher)
Offered by DURONIC
Price: 49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome tiny little switch, 25 April 2012
This works like hell. Very good, very small, no need to switch inputs manually, it simply switch to the input which is started. I have got connected my Blu-ray, Apple TV and XBOX through single cable to my Panasonic receiver and so far no issues. Recommended to anyone who is short on HDMI inputs and wants a comfortable solution for very reasonable price.

Earphones with Remote & Mic
Earphones with Remote & Mic
Offered by giZmoZ n gadgetZ LTD (VAT Registered)
Price: 2.09

4.0 out of 5 stars I like them, 14 Oct 2010
I like these headphones. They fit into my ears, I like the sound. The only problem is they won't survive more than 6 months with me. I am a heavy user and always destroy the remote. Anyway, good product.

Karlsson Wall Clock Slim Index Red Glass with Mirror Edge
Karlsson Wall Clock Slim Index Red Glass with Mirror Edge

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice product, 9 April 2010
This is a very nice product. Excellent design, very quiet (you can barely hear them). It is a bit bigger than I expected, but OK. Recommended to everyone.