Profile for S. Fowler > Reviews

Creative EP-630 Noise Isolating Earphones - Black
Creative EP-630 Noise Isolating Earphones - Black
Price: 10.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Totally unimpressed, 24 Nov 2012
Creative EP-630 Noise Isolating Earphones - Black Bought these for my ipod as the reviews all sounded so good but they just don't do it for me. Although they are supposedly 'deep bass', even when I put the bass on my ipod to its highest level the sound from the headphones was still VERY treble and sounded more like listening to a cheap radio! Unless I sat very still and didn't move my head at all every time the wires touched my cheek or brushed against my coat I'd get a sound as though someone was blowing down a microphone so they were totally useless when on the move. The cheap earphones I already had give a much nicer balance of sound so I've gone back to using them. I would have sent them back immediately except for the fact that you had to cut open the plastic box they come in so presumably I wouldn't get a refund as technically speaking they aren't faulty. Some reviews said that if they have a bad sound quality they might be fakes but as far as I can see they are the real thing as they have the warranty inside etc. Final thing, maybe I've got weird shaped ears or something but they certainly wouldn't stay comfortably in the ear channel no matter which size plug I used :-(

In Harm's Way
In Harm's Way
by Doug Stanton
Price: 6.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read!, 4 Nov 2011
This review is from: In Harm's Way (Paperback)
A really well written account of this tragedy, makes you almost feel like you were involved in it. Couldn't put it down.

Losing My Religion - A discourse analysis of faith loss in Christianity
Losing My Religion - A discourse analysis of faith loss in Christianity
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and easy to read, 1 Sep 2011
Well worth a read for anyone interested in the subject and surely useful for anyone researching the subject I would gladly recommend it.

Was thought provoking and prompted lots of questions in my mind, and though not written for the purpose, I would have thought it could be a really useful tool to provoke discussion in Bible studies.

It was depressing to realise that there are still churches that seem to discourage or fear the questioning of your faith or the churches' teachings - I would have thought that questioning things is a really elemental and positive way of understanding and developing faith (or deciding it's not for you). Certainly worked for me and is definitely Biblical!

Star Wars the New Essential Guide to Alien Species (Star Wars Library)
Star Wars the New Essential Guide to Alien Species (Star Wars Library)
by Ann Margaret Lewis
Price: 16.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Made one little nephew very happy, 29 Jun 2010
Can't comment personally on the book as I'm not a Star Wars nut but my nephew apparently is delighted with it and devised several games using it at his 11th birthday party.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what you'd expect, 29 Jun 2010
Nice and neat simple design. So pleased to have the drumsticks neatly out of the way rather than left lying around all over the place. Gonna buy a 2nd holder to put on the other side of the drumset so can reach drumsticks with both hands if drop one during a concert.

The Story of the "Titanic" as Told by Its Survivors (Dover Maritime)
The Story of the "Titanic" as Told by Its Survivors (Dover Maritime)
by J. Winocour
Price: 8.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating if you are into the subject, 10 May 2010
I loved it, found it fascinating and it made it all so real. Made me appreciate how much research must have gone into the Cameron film too as a lot of what was written I was thinking "that's just how they depicted it in the movie".

OXO Good Grips Suction Large Basket (discontinued by manufacturer)
OXO Good Grips Suction Large Basket (discontinued by manufacturer)

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me, 20 Mar 2010
Such a shame as it seemed to be just what I was looking for-nice size, loved the hooks for the sponges and the holes for putting bottles in upside down and no need to risk drilling holes in the tiles but... it didn't work! It held in place with nothing in it for a few seconds and then one sucker came off the wall followed a few minutes later by the 2nd sucker. Several attempts later (including in a different room on a different kind of tile) with the same result and it was immediately packed back into its box and returned to sender. It gets one star as it promised to be a good product style wise and if they can sort out the fixing to the wall part, it could be great.

Airhogs Micro Zero Gravity Infrared Control Car (Colour and Style Vary)
Airhogs Micro Zero Gravity Infrared Control Car (Colour and Style Vary)

5.0 out of 5 stars The kids love it, 23 Sep 2009
Seemed to be one of the more popular presents among the kids at the birthday party, especially with the boys.