Profile for Alan Rooney > Reviews

Content by Alan Rooney

Alan Rooney

Lenovo Thinkcentre EDGE 72 3484DCG Tower Intel® 3300 MHz 1000 GB H61 , HD Graphics 2500 9 in 1 Card Reader

1.0 out of 5 stars Problems and more problems., 24 Aug. 2013
I am a software developer who bought this machine for reasonable performance, ability to run Office 2013 (under Windows 7), and most importantly, reliability.

I experienced more problems with this machine in the very
Short time I owned it, than all my previous machines put together.
The first thing I did was to set up a recovery partition on disk and created a System restore point.
I hit problems/issues errors from that time onward. On the 3rd or 4th boot of the machine it entered the ‘Chkdsk’ routine at load time which was not encouraging. Subsequently the system froze, and I was only able to operate under ‘Safe’ mode.
I tried a System Restore on numerous occasions which failed due to a corrupt sector on disk.
I tried recovering from the Recovery partition which I had set up and this went into a loop for about 3 hours.
I ran Chkdsk again which recovered bad clusters, but then both the Recovery Partition and the ‘Restore Point’ disappeared.
I was left with an unusable machine which I cannot work on, and I have reluctantly transferred
all my files back on to my old machine running on Office 2010.

The build quality of this machine is at best….average.
To be fair the supplier (ICClearance) were helpful, and after returning the machine to them
for them to examine, have arranged a full refund without any quibbling.
I would not recommend this machine.