Profile for HEMANT > Reviews

HEMANT

Man From Uncle: 8 Movies Collection [DVD] [1968] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Man From Uncle: 8 Movies Collection [DVD] [1968] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

4.0 out of 5 stars Man from Uncle: 8 Movies Collection [DVD] [1968], 29 July 2012
Man from Uncle: 8 Movies Collection [DVD] [1968]
Movies in the set include: T V EPISODE TITLE

1. TO TRAP A SPY ( 1964 - VULCAN AFFAIR)
2. ONE OF OUR SPIES IS MISSING (1966 - THE BRIDGE OF LIONS AFFAIR)
3. ONE SPY TOO MANY (1965 - ALEXANDER THE GREAT AFFAIR)
4. THE SPY WITH MY FACE ( 1964 - THE DOUBLE AFFAIR)
5. THE SPY IN THE GREEN HAT ( 1966 - THE CONCRETE OVERCOAT)
6. THE KARATE KILLERS ( 1967 - THE FIVE DAUGHTERS AGFFAIR )
7. THE HELICOPTER SPIES ( 1967-THE PRINCE OF DARKNESS AFFAIR)
8. HOW TO STEAL THE WORLD ( 1968 - THE 7 WONDERS OF THE WORLD)

These films surpass the episodes they are taken from. There are certain changes which make these films into a different / expanded and may be a better version from their original T V appearances since they contain additional characters, scenes and storylines not included in the televised episodes.( I PURCHASED THE SET OF ALL FOUR SEASONS OF THIS UNCLE TV SERIES BACK IN 2008 & HAVE SEEN THEM ALL).

I can clearly remember the stir these films created in the boyhood days of my life. I saw these films in 16 mm versions (M.G.M.) at the weekend movie screenings in my school .

Later I never got to see these films till recently I saw their availability on AMAZON WEB SIGHT. THANKS to the WB ARCHIVE COLLECTION & TO AMAZON.

I will definitely watch these films again and again & I AM SURE TO BE TRANSPORTED BACK IN TIME TO MY EARLY BOYHOOD - the late 60s.

Watching Man from U.N.C.L.E. movies took me way back to a time when I used to watch them ON A 16 mm Movie projector way back in late 1960s. I wouldn't miss a single film then.

For me this set is definitely worth collecting for its sheer NOSTALGIC VALUE.
As a fan of U.N.C.L.E. movies, having all of the U.N.C.L.E. movies (in my personal collection of some 600+ Hollywood movies), is a particularly SATISFYING;
since these movies were never shown in theatres in INDIA.

I AM VERY HAPPY TO FINALLY HAVE THESE MOVIES IN MY COLLECTION AND RECOMMEND THEM TO ANY AND ALL FANS OF THE U.N.C.L.E. SERIES AND ALSO TO ALL THE FANS OF SPY MOVIES.

HEMANT TATTU
PUNE INDIA
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 31, 2015 2:34 PM GMT