Profile for R. Hobbs > Reviews

Content by R. Hobbs

R. Hobbs (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Call Me Cat (The Call Me Cat Trilogy, Book 1)
Call Me Cat (The Call Me Cat Trilogy, Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars A great read!, 17 Nov 2014
I really liked the man character in this book. A lot of female protagonists have a habit of being weak and flimsy, but not Caitlyn. She was totally relatable, strong but also still human. I don't usually read this kind of book, but having been won over I am now about to purchase the second in the series!

Ultra Garlic Tablets - Pack of 60 Tablets
Ultra Garlic Tablets - Pack of 60 Tablets

5.0 out of 5 stars Super pill, 21 Aug 2014
Really effective. I'm taking these to try and keep an infection in my tooth at bay while on referral, will be buying these again when I run out

Icon For Hire
Icon For Hire

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 26 Jun 2014
This review is from: Icon For Hire (Audio CD)
Short and sweet- this album has become one of my all time favourites. I've MORE than got my money's worth with this.

The Emotion Thesaurus: A Writer's Guide to Character Expression
The Emotion Thesaurus: A Writer's Guide to Character Expression

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, wish I'd found it sooner., 26 Jun 2014
I'm generally the kind of person who only leaves a review for something if it's really good or really bad. I felt obliged to give this book a 5 star review just so that other people will know how incredibly useful it is! This is exactly the kind of thing I've been looking for, as I am a novice writer who has no trouble with action scenes but finds it harder to write compelling dialogue. This book is full of great suggestions and tips on where to go with body language, which is something I've been floundering with lately, and as I'm sure anyone who is looking at this book will know, body language is the key to a great conversation.

THE AMAZING BOOK WRITING METHOD: Stop Writing Nonfiction Books The Hard Way - How to write a book using a far easier process (How to Write a Book and Sell It Series 8)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me., 30 May 2014
I gave up trying to read this book after 20 or so pages as it's poorly written, and this reflects badly on the advice given.

2k to 10k: Writing Faster, Writing Better, and Writing More of What You Love
2k to 10k: Writing Faster, Writing Better, and Writing More of What You Love

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin!, 20 Mar 2014
I really have nothing negative to say about this book, apart from that I wish it were longer! I bought this because for a while now I have been stuck in a phase of non-writing and it had gotten to the point where I was getting myself worked up. The author of this handy guide is also an author herself and so genuinely knows the ins and outs of how to efficiently write a great book. At first I was sceptical of how someone could make such a extreme word count jump, but after reading this book myself I found that I myself was doubling and tripling my measly word count I usually produced and enjoyed doing so. The book is full of simple yet effective tips on how to look at writing from a more effective perspective.

The Thin Executioner
The Thin Executioner

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet another enthralling read!, 14 Jan 2014
I really enjoyed reading this book because it is so different to the kind if thing Darren usually writes. I loved the setting of the book and its descriptions, and the map was a nice touch. I really disliked the main character at the beginning, but towards the end i found that somewhere along the way i had become thoroughly attached! Another brilliant read from Mr Shan.

Raving Rabbids Plush w/Sound 37cm tall
Raving Rabbids Plush w/Sound 37cm tall

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!, 9 Jan 2014
I don't usually write reviews when I buy something unless I can help someone else make a decision on buying a product. I LOVE this toy, my Rabbid now sits on my bed and recieves the occasional squeeze when I feel like hearing it scream!
However, there is no way to change the battery once it runs down and so I feel as though this is the only thing letting it down. Once the voice is gone, it's gone.

RepliGo PDF Reader
RepliGo PDF Reader

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful!, 4 Aug 2013
This review is from: RepliGo PDF Reader (App)
I've been looking for a handy app like this for a long time! As i'm someone who is attempting to write a book, it does exactly what i need it to do. I can highlight areas that require attention and place notes to myself wherever needed. I can also underline, cross out and box off text if i feel the need to, and i think there is a free style pen tool as well.
Overall i cannot fault this app, especially seeing as it is free app of the day!

Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen (Xbox 360)
Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen (Xbox 360)
Offered by Turbotrance

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive!, 8 July 2013
I bought this game on a whim, purely because it looked like something I would play. Having found out that this copy includes not only the original 'Dragons Dogma' game, but the 'Dark Arisen' DLC that had recently come out also I decided that this one was the one for me.
Having played the game for a while now I can happily say that I was not dissapointed. I love the free roam elements where you can pick up quests here and there, and choose which ones you want to do and in what order. Some quests are time related, but whether you aim for them is entirely up to you. The map is vast and expansive, and so it takes a good while to get from one side of the map to the other, especially as you are effectively traveling by foot. You can upgrade your weapons and armour, and pick up travelling companions who will fight beside you on your journey.
Overall, I have no complaints with this game. There are a few niggly little things that I personally find annoying, such as how quickly it gets dark at night, so I often find myself in the middle of nowhere in the pitch black, and how there is no (so far) method of quick travel. However, you could argue that these things make the game all the more challenging.
Endless amounts of entertainment.

Page: 1 | 2