Profile for Jasdev Sekhon > Reviews

Jasdev Sekhon

Magimix 18231  Le Mini Plus Food Processor, Black
Magimix 18231 Le Mini Plus Food Processor, Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Four stars for now, 4 Aug. 2014
I recently bought both this and the blender used from Amazon Warehouse Deals and I plan to add to both reviews as I use the products for different purposes and over the life of the product.

When I first unpacked this, I was in awe at the number of accessories. The manual, when compared with the manual for Magimix's blender, is hard to follow and less intuitive. Washing everything before the first use took a while.

First use: Blade
the manual says to use the mini bowl for small things like onions. I chopped and added half a red onion and some soft ingredients before switching it on, first in Pulse mode and then in Auto. The onion half sat above the blades and I had to transfer everything to the main bowl for chopping. Not the fault of Magimix, I must say, but I was a bit surprised.

The auto mode also stays on continuously, as there are no pre-set programmes that switch off after 60 seconds, unlike the blender.

Still, the main bowl did a fine job and it was easy to clean afterwards!

Second use: Slicing disc

The Magimix did a fine job of slicing larger items such as sweet potatoes, tomatoes, cucumbers, etc. but be mindful that the feed tube is not large enough to accommodate an entire tomato or sweet potato. Smaller items such as herbs were not well sliced but this may be because they were wet; I expect dry herbs slice better, and don't get trapped in the nooks of the disc.

Magimix 11610 1.8 Litre Blender, Black
Magimix 11610 1.8 Litre Blender, Black

4.0 out of 5 stars This glass jug weighs more than I do..., 3 Aug. 2014
Many helpful positive and critical reviews here already so I doubt I'll be able to add much, but I will be adding my observations as I use this blender for different purposes.

Unpacking: the blender feels solid, heavy and well-constructed, and instructions are very easy to follow. The manual is also a recipe book of impressive quality.

First use: breakfast smoothie. Loud enough for me to worry about waking my flatmates if used early in the morning. Then to clean you can run a litre of warm water and some washing up liquid on manual speed 3 for 30 seconds, more noise, more worry on my face about angry flatmates!
Smoothie was just fine though, so can only dock one star!