Profile for Michael Finlayson > Reviews

Content by Michael Finlayson
Top Reviewer Ranking: 894

Michael Finlayson
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Spirituality: A Practical Guide to Spiritual Awakening: A Journey of Self-Awareness and Spiritual Growth (Mind and Well-Being Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars This will make you think, 19 Dec. 2014
Given that I write for a personal development magazine I am always interested in expanding my knowledge, so when the opportunity to read this book came along, I took it.

If you want to live a full life then you have to do and be something more than someone who just goes to work and watches the T.V. In order to move forward you have to know yourself and you have to be able to open your mind to everything around you.

Spirituality takes you on a journey of discovery, one which can help you to learn about who you are and to understand your potential. it's an interesting book and I recommend it.

EFT Tapping: How To Relieve Stress And Re-Energise Rapidly Using The Emotional Freedom Technique (Beginners Guide)

5.0 out of 5 stars It's easier than I had thought, 19 Dec. 2014
I'm always fascinated by anything of a personal development nature so I take every opportunity to increase my knowledge. I suspect that most of us have come across EFT at some point, I first heard of it a while ago but didn't do anything about it, it wasn't until I read this book when I realized just how uncomplicated EFT was. I can now understand just what all the fuss is about! Apart from teaching you the fundamentals the author has also included exercises that could make a real difference to you.

A highly interesting and well written book, I highly recommend it.

Vegetarian Slow Cooker Recipe Book - Vegetarian Cookbook for Busy Women (Diet Recipe Books - Healthy Cooking for Healthy Living 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple, easy, good food, 19 Dec. 2014
I'm not a big fan of complicated recipes, I like to keep things simple which was why I took the opportunity to read this book. I have to admit that I had never realized that you could use a slow cooker for breakfasts and to bake cakes, it was an education for me. This book is packed full of delicious, easy to follow recipes. Everything is explained and there is nothing complicated. Inside you will find something for everyone and I recommend this book.

Presentation Skills Masterclass: Want To Be A Better Business Presenter? (Business Presentations and Public Speaking)

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the best of it's kind that I've ever read, 19 Dec. 2014
No matter what the level, if you have to deliver presentations then you want this book! Inside this book is the A - Z of how to construct a presentation that will hold your audience, if anything, it's probably the best book of it's kind that I have ever read. It's easy to read, easy to follow, there is no insomnia curing drivel, it's just all highly actionable content. Presentations can be a nightmare to construct, but if you follow the advice in this book then you shouldn't have any problems, the author even looks at dealing with nerves. I highly recommend this book.

Real Food Diet: Easy Healthy Eating, Real Food Real Easy (Real Food Real Simple): Real Food Kitchen (Real Food Diet Cookbook, Real Food Real Easy Cookbook), Real Food Real Fast (Real Food Protein)

5.0 out of 5 stars This book tells you what you need to know, 19 Dec. 2014
I've a few books from this author already and they are all full of useful content. This book delves into the benefits of eating real food rather than the alternative. The author looks at the foods that our bodies need in order to function, as well as giving some do and don't examples, and advice on weight loss. This book is interesting to read, it's full of useful information, it offers a way forward that anyone can manage. I recommend this book.

Clean Eating Cookbook 4 - A Delicious Variety of Recipes that Promote a Healthy Lifestyle - Sugar Free Recipes - Sugar Free Cookbooks - Diabetic Recipes ... Diabetic Cookbook (Clean Eating Cookbooks)

4.0 out of 5 stars Some delicious recipes, 19 Dec. 2014
We all know the importance of healthy eating, but did you know that healthy eating can be so packed full of flavour. There are a lot of delicious, easy to prepare dishes in this book, there's something for everyone. Having a sweet tooth my favourites have to be the deserts and the fruit drinks. As this book will show you, a healthy lifestyle can be achieved with a lot less pain than you might have thought. This book is well worth reading.

Alien Disclosure at Area 51: Dr. Dan Burisch Reveals the Truth About ETs, UFOs and MJ-12

4.0 out of 5 stars This fascinated me, 19 Dec. 2014
I know that some people believe that there is life on other planets whilst some are cynics. Personally I'm a believer and so when I had the chance to read this book I was more than happy to take it.

This is an eye opening book that will leave you asking questions. It focuses on the main players in what happened and all of the information is presented in a rational and ordered way. This book builds a case that something is happening that we are all being kept in blissful ignorance of and I recommend it.

Evernote (Harnessing the POWER of Evernote - The Easy But Yet Powerful Guide for the Beginner to the Advanced User)

4.0 out of 5 stars Now I understand what it's all about!, 19 Dec. 2014
We all tend to lead very busy lives and as such it helps to be a bit organized which is where Evernote comes in. I've heard quite a lot of good stuff about Evernote but as I am not the techiest of people I'm always a bit slow to take up things that can save me time. This book makes Evernote look a lot more approachable, it explains how to use it and how to get the most out of it in a way that is easy to follow and easy to understand. If you're looking to get some organization into your life then I recommend this book to you.

Blood Trail
Blood Trail

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant, engaging read!, 19 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Blood Trail (Kindle Edition)
I loved reading this book, and as with all great books, I was sorry that it had to come to an end. It didn't get long to get caught up in the story and once I had settled in I grudged any time that I had to take away from it. For me, this is the kind of story that I would love to see on the big screen!

Once you've settled in it's very easy to become and observer rather than a reader as you are drawn through the plot. Inside you will find love, innocence, cynicism, death, action and adventure all woven into a story that you can almost see and feel, and crucially, it feels real and believable.

As you've probably already gathered, I like this book and as such I highly recommend it.

Fibromyalgia Cure: Fibromyalgia treatment including chronic pain relief, fibromyalgia diet and fitness (Natural Health Books Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Comprehensive Guide, 16 July 2014
This book is a very interesting read and is written by someone who knows what they are talking about. Of course, if you or anyone you know suffers from fibromyalgia then you will find this book to be a very useful guide. This book looks at what fibromyalgia is, how it's diagnosed, how it's treated, how you can manage it, how it can be treated, and there is also information that can be useful to those without fibromyalgia. Inside you will find a lot of information which is presented in a way that makes it interesting to read. Needless to say, I highly recommend this book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20