Profile for Elle Van Franco > Reviews

Content by Elle Van Franco

Elle Van Franco

Glamour Empire Women's Combat Style Shirt Dress Buttoned Roll Up Sleeve Belt 833 (UK 16, Black)
Offered by Glamour Empire Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Poorly constructed., 29 Mar 2014
As much as I really like the style of the dress, I'm very disappointed with the construction of it. There are lots of loose and fraying threads. The buttonholes aren't big enough for the buttons to fit through. Most disappointingly there's a hole in one pocket big enough to put my entire hand through!

It's as if the dress wasn't checked when it was sewn together, and again when it was posted.

Now, I can sew, so I can fix a lot of these problems, but I shouldn't have to.

It's a shame because it's a nice style of dress, and the fabric actually feels really nice. But I'm going to have to put some time into it before I can wear it out of the house.

Lazy Ways to Make a Living
Lazy Ways to Make a Living
by Abigail Bosanko

4.0 out of 5 stars The Best Book I've Read In A Long While, 2 May 2006
I can't remember the last time I picked up a book and got glued to it. Neither can I remember the last time I loved a book so much that I found myself thinking about it for days afterwards.

I liked this book because it wasn't one of those that are predictable. The main character, Rose, isn't a complete moron, bumbling around and making herself look stupid. She's educated and stylish. I loved the chess theme; an interesting way of keeping the plot moving. This book seems to me to be a "smart" chick-lit book.

I couldn't put it down all the way through, so I recommend it to anyone.