Profile for Tim > Reviews

Content by Tim

Tim

Sewing Machine 404 Electronic, 170 Stitches with Alphabet + £150.00 Worth of FREE Accessories including Large Quilting Extension Table + Quilting Foot, Walking Foot, Hard Case, 13 Feet, Box of Different Colour Coats Moon Thread, 5 Pairs of Scissors, German Quilting and Regular Needles, Travel Sewing Kit, Thread Snips, Bobbins etc...
Offered by The Ironing Press Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic range of bits in this kit, 22 Mar 2014
I purchased this kit for my wife for Christmas as she was wanting to learn to sew. The sheer number of extra's that come is perfect for anyone starting out in sewing and will probably have more attachments than you will learn to use for a number of years.

All in all she was extra pleased with everything and having now made a number of things with it she loves the number of helpful features the machine has, too many to list in a review, but I have to say this seems to be a perfect beginner to intermediate machine. I think the best thing so far is that her friend who sews was impressed with the features, so I think it will be years before the wife manages to use everything this machine is able to offer.

Great value package !

PRO-MAX 12pc Aluminium DIY Metal Polishing Kit
PRO-MAX 12pc Aluminium DIY Metal Polishing Kit
Offered by Metal Polishing Supplies UK Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the amature polisher, 22 Mar 2014
Purchased this to polish up parts for my car and motorbike.

Managed to get the chrome up to a very good finish though I think my lack or experience is more the issue than anything else.

The pads are good and the instruction leaflet was invaluable as I knew pretty much nothing about how to use polishers other than a few youtube videos. Would have been good if there was a pad scraper/cleaner in the kit as well, but a simple wire brush worked fine so can't really complain.

All in all a great set of pads to cut and polish your metals back to new. Great deal for anyone wanting to clean up their vehicles various shiny bits.

Pierced & Modified Body Jewellery - Spike Curved Micro Barbell - 1.2mm x 6mm - for Eyebrow, Tragus, Helix Piercings
Offered by Pierced And Modified

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 22 Mar 2014
Perfect quality surgical steel. Purchased for an eyebrow piercing.

Threat on both the bar and ends is perfect and the steel was perfectly smooth. Good quality, I'd recommend this shop.

Asics Men's Gel Cumulus 14 M Black/Onyx/Charcoal Trainer T246N 9099 7 UK
Asics Men's Gel Cumulus 14 M Black/Onyx/Charcoal Trainer T246N 9099 7 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Tried the Gel soles years ago and never looked back, 22 Mar 2014
After hurting a knee long distance running from poor shoes I went to a proper running shop willing to pay a lot for some good shoes. If you want something for the every day and occasional 7 mile run then the Asics Gel sole range of shoes are what you should be looking at!
I wear these pretty much every day and I'm onto my 3rd pair now, replacing them every two to three years. I'd recommend if you are serious about long distance running that you go to a running shop and pay to measure your stride and foot impact and buy shoes that work for your running style as what works for one person may not support someone else the right way.

Fluval 105 External Filter
Fluval 105 External Filter

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic external filter, 22 Mar 2014
This review is from: Fluval 105 External Filter (Misc.)
I purchased one of these about 7 years ago for my 120 Lt tank and have had no issues with it.

The kit is extremely good and after a few adjustments to my tank surround for the larger piping I have to say I'm always so impressed with how clean the water gets after I clean the filter. The main pads clean very easily along with the bio pellets and carbon. I normally re-use these for up to a year each and change the filter wool each time.

The pump comes apart easily and the components are very easy to clean. If you have the space for one of these in your cabinet I'd recommend it, you'll have a super clean tank for months between cleans.

Storm Flux 4187/BR Tungsten Men's Analogue Watch
Storm Flux 4187/BR Tungsten Men's Analogue Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Nearly bullet proof watch, 13 Oct 2012
I had a problem of scratching watches and needed something a bit tougher than normal.

I've had this watch for about 4 years now and still don't have a scratch on the body. With the quartz face I've got no scratches and after all the years I've only got one small chip on the top edge of the glass face.

Overall this has been the best, scratch resistant watch I've ever owned. Would recommend to anyone who has a habit of scratching their watch faces.

Slendertone System + Controller
Slendertone System + Controller

5.0 out of 5 stars Base unit for all Slendertone garments, 13 Dec 2011
Nice looking central unit. Base to any garments you buy. Battery lasts many sessions. Easy to use.

Ensure you buy a genuine controller as I purchased from a 3rd party seller on Amazon and after problems I called Slendertone and it turned out to be a fake. So for me I'd only ever buy Slendertone stuff direct from Amazon. I've purchased the arms and ab belt to go with this and they are both fantastic to keep the muscle tone up and both have actually built extra muscle which I didn't expect. Would recommend.

2014 Rayzor Professional UV400 Double Lensed Ski / SnowBoard Goggles, With a Matt Pink Camouflage Frame with a Vented Anti Fog Coated, Pink Iridium Mirrored Anti-Glare Clarity Wide Vision Lens.
Offered by Sports Eyewear

5.0 out of 5 stars Good goggles for sunny conditions, 13 Dec 2011
I got a set of these for my wife and a similar model for myself last ski season. Worked great on the sunny days which is what we bought these for. I keep a seperate set of low light goggles and if you expect to be in the shadows of a mountain in the afternoon you will need some as these are quite dark.

So in general. Brilliant full sun goggles, I wouldn't want anything lighter than these. Will be using again this season.
Just keep seperate yellow goggles for late afternoon runs in the shadows as these are dark enough to blend out the bumps which can get hairy if you think you can do a last run home down the boardercross.

XLC 9 Function Nano Multi Tool
XLC 9 Function Nano Multi Tool

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tool for any cyclist, 13 Dec 2011
I bought this for doing a weekly 'M' check on the bike before taking it out on a weekend and something I could take with me on a long ride. Quality is good, I've used it on a few different bikes from pulling wheels off and adjusting brakes to super tight on the seats and the hex heads have kept their shape, no danger of rounding off like some cheaper hex sets I've purchased in the past. Would recommend in any travel kit.

Heavy Duty - Single Barrel Foot Pump with gauge & adaptors
Heavy Duty - Single Barrel Foot Pump with gauge & adaptors
Offered by SWD

3.0 out of 5 stars Good pump, valve connector could be better, 13 Dec 2011
Good solid foot pump. I purchased a heavy duty pump so I wouldn't have to be gentle with it. As a pump it does its job well. My problem with the item is the valve connector. The lever on the valve connector is stiff and feels cheap, this means when you connect and disconnect from a bicycle tyre you lose a lot of pressure trying to pull the lever up and off in any sort of a smooth motion. So I tend to put the tyre up to 90 psi so when I can finally get it off I should end up with the 80 psi I am after. Not bad for the price but maybe go for a more expensive model if you use more often than the once a week check I do on my bike. The pressure guage works great and is a must have for any keen cyclist.