Profile for Ann Burgess > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Behringer PB01 Pedal Board
Behringer PB01 Pedal Board

3.0 out of 5 stars Happy Son, 28 Dec 2012
45 seems alot for a hunk of metal with some holes in to me. I ordered it on behalf of my mother to give to my son at Christmas. It looks alot prettier with his multi-coloured pedals on it, but it is just a rack for holding them with a gap below for the cable. If you can get a smaller one, eg for a single row of pedals it would be more practical in terms of storage and portability for gigs... not to mention probably ample space for all the pedals you're likely to use (just Mum's opinion, what do I know??) It is quite solid, clonky and heavy...

Christys Dress Up Dr Who Costume (9 - 10 Years)
Christys Dress Up Dr Who Costume (9 - 10 Years)

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong product delivered twice, then Amazon insisted I was refunded, 28 Dec 2012
I ordered this for my Dr Who-mad nephew. When the package arrived, I had received The Stig outfit instead. Amazon were very good in trying to get the right thing to me in time for Christmas; but when it was re-sent I again received the Stig. Sadly, Amazon felt it necessary to refund me rather than sort it out. They did immediately block further purchases on the site until it was resolved (I assume a problem in the warehouse), I hope that anyone else ordering this product will receive what they ordered.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 26, 2013 3:35 PM GMT

Doctor Who Temporary Tattoos
Doctor Who Temporary Tattoos

4.0 out of 5 stars Good gift!, 28 Dec 2012
This review is from: Doctor Who Temporary Tattoos (Toy)
My Dr Who-mad nephew was delighted, and they were easy to use and transferred well. Not many in the pack, though, but they are photographic and quite large. Although I ordered with other products, I did get charged separately for P+P which nearly doubled the cost of the item.

Tenn 8 Panel Viper Professional Cycling Shorts with Superior Pad  	Waist 34-36" - Large Black
Tenn 8 Panel Viper Professional Cycling Shorts with Superior Pad Waist 34-36" - Large Black
Offered by RecoSports
Price: 29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift for a cyclist, 28 Dec 2012
Bought these as a gift for my husband whose ancient padded shorts have expired totally! He is pleased with the development in padding since his last purchase!!!

Longitude [DVD]
Longitude [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Gambon
Price: 4.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a Clock Buff, 28 Dec 2012
This review is from: Longitude [DVD] (DVD)
Ordered using next day delivery for my husband's birthday - a last minute thought (we had been to the Clockmakers' Museum in the Guildhall, City of London - also recommended for clock buffs - and he had re-fallen in love with the genius of John Harrison). Unfortunately, it failed to arrive the next day, but Amazon were very good and refunded the express fee. He hasn't watched the DVD yet, but remembers seeing it on TV years ago, and is savouring the anticipation. He also wanted to finish reading the "Longitude" book I had purchased for him a while ago, before watching.

Gavin And Stacey : Complete Series 3 [DVD]
Gavin And Stacey : Complete Series 3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mathew Horne
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 4.30

4.0 out of 5 stars well priced gift, 20 Jan 2011
Arrived very quickly! Very competitively priced - can't be beat! Bought as a gift; the cheap price meant I could throw in some extras!

Vintage Knitwear for Modern Knitters
Vintage Knitwear for Modern Knitters
by Lise-Lotte Lystrup
Price: 12.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift!, 20 Jan 2011
Arrived very quickly! I bought it as a gift for my aunt who's a keen knitter, and she loved it. Its written (I believe) by a woman who makes period costumes for productions. She takes vintage designs and adapts them for modern people/shapes so that they stay true to the original design. Clearly laid out.The modern product and original pattern/images are laid out alongside each other. Very interesting.

Insight Guides: Israel
Insight Guides: Israel
by Insight

4.0 out of 5 stars The best currently in print, 20 Jan 2011
This review is from: Insight Guides: Israel (Paperback)
The book arrived very quickly. It has lots of info and pictures. I bought for my husband as a souvenir of his recent trip to the Holy Land. There's plenty of background and photos;the compact size is overcome where poss by double page images. The size means its good for a travel guide, but plenty to read before and browse after your trip. If your looking for a coffee table book it has the quality, but not the ideal size.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars a good price for a pukka item, 7 Jun 2010
I've been pleased with this product, as always with these shirts it washes really well. However, Rooney doesn't always play 10, and my son was initially disappointed, as WR more often plays for England with a no. 9, he thought I had bought him a dud until we found pictures of WR playing in a no.10 shirt!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality and good for an older boy, 7 Jun 2010
I bought this to give my 8 year old the confidence to change himself in the boys' changing room. Its perfect; he wouldn't be happy with a character, but hes now 9 and still using it weekly at swimming. Its a bigger size than many of these poncho towels, which are designed for little ones. Its good quality and at a good price. I've been very pleased with it.

Page: 1 | 2