Profile for Blue Sky > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
WordPress Theme Selection & Customization
WordPress Theme Selection & Customization

1.0 out of 5 stars Errr, 20 Aug. 2015
I'm asking for my money back. This only provides basic common sense basics. It doesn't go into any depth at all. There is nothing much here to be honest. Somebody trying to make a fast buck I think

The Einstein Pursuit (Payne & Jones 8) (payne and jones Series)
The Einstein Pursuit (Payne & Jones 8) (payne and jones Series)

2.0 out of 5 stars bit ott for me, 25 April 2014
Too much action and not enough subtlety. It started quite well, but As books like this do, it accelerated a decent plot and acceptable action levels too much. I just started skipping through as it was all about the action and little to do with the plot. As a result, I'll not read another book by this chap.

Small White Plastic Catering Tray - KB2
Small White Plastic Catering Tray - KB2
Offered by Kabi Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 2 July 2013
It's exactly what it says. A white plastic tray. It's plastic and white (I have to use so many words, sorry)

Salter Arc Electronic Scale, White
Salter Arc Electronic Scale, White

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it. Although I thought it would be metal, 2 July 2013
Yes, I like it, although I expected a brushed metal scale - that;s how it looked to me in the pictures. My mistake I guess.
The scale works just fine.
I like the feature where you can put container on the scale, zero the reading and weigh your food in the container. Or even add several ingredients to a container, zeroing the reading between each one.
Very good

Salter 9114 Body Fat and Body Water Analyser Scale
Salter 9114 Body Fat and Body Water Analyser Scale

2.0 out of 5 stars Weight Measurement OK. Body Fat Measurement Not So Good, 2 July 2013
As headline. Weight measurement is ok....

Unfortunately the body fat measurement does not work very well if at all.
Bodyfat seemed to be measured without a problem for a couple of days. But now every time I use the scale I get "error". It seems the scale likes your feet to be damp (it says in the blurb to use a damp cloth for this). I have found my feet need to be very damp or in fact wet.
The problem with wetting your feet is that the monitor seems to give different readings depending on how wet your feet are.
So there is not the consistency between readings that I want/expect/demand!
I take 3 readings each time to get an idea of the true measurement.

I am now (less than 2 weeks after buying this scale) looking at buying another better bodyfat measuring scale. It will not be Salter

LE® Adjustable Focus CREE LED Flashlight, Super Bright, Batteries Included
LE® Adjustable Focus CREE LED Flashlight, Super Bright, Batteries Included
Offered by Neon Mart

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite powerful but a little odd, 22 Nov. 2012
This is a pretty powerful torch.
On the good side is is powerful.
On the downside, to make the beam wider or more narrow you slide the front of the torch forwards or backwards down the torch barrel. Unfortunately this motion is free. There are no stops/marks/grooves/anything, to stop the slider at a certain beam size. This means the beam size can change as you put the torch in or out of a pocket or just pick it up.

What I find really very odd, is the smallest focus point for the beam! When you make the beam as small as it will go it transforms from a beam to collection of oblong shapes!!! It looks to me like the torch lens is just projecting the light cells onto the wall. This is REALLY VERY ANOYING. So for the last part of the small beam focus the circle of light turns square and then into the little boxes. MAYBE it's just a fault - I'll try contacting the supplier/manufacturer to see if this is normal.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 29, 2014 10:35 PM GMT

Vax W90-RU-P Rapide Ultra 2 Pre-Treatment Upright Carpet and Upholstery Washer
Vax W90-RU-P Rapide Ultra 2 Pre-Treatment Upright Carpet and Upholstery Washer

4.0 out of 5 stars It Works Great, 29 Oct. 2012
I used this on my parents carpet which had food stuck in it (that had been stuck in it for months). The carpet came up great.
I did go over the really stuck in food bits with a steam cleaner (my idea to loosen them up) before using the Vax pre-clean treatment (gave it 30 mins).
The steam cleaner didn't clean the food out of the carpet, but I'm guessing it did help the process (I don't know if it made a difference).
The carpet came up as new after the cleaning process. Nothing to show of the trodden in food (that had gone hard).
The carpet is possibly very slightly lighter in colour - personally I don't see any difference, but others have said this - I think it's just because it's clean!
Only gave 4 stars because the machine is a bit unwieldy. I suppose a smaller lighter machine would need more filling up and emptying - I git the carpet done with only one emptying of the dirty water right near the end.

adidas Core Gym Ball - Black, 65cm
adidas Core Gym Ball - Black, 65cm
Offered by Japan Direct delivery

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 29 Oct. 2012
This review is from: ADIDAS Gym Ball (Sports)
Very good ball. Grippy bits on the bottom half. What more can you say - oh another few words as the review has to be at least 20

Logitech M325 Wireless Mouse - Indigo Scroll
Logitech M325 Wireless Mouse - Indigo Scroll

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 29 Oct. 2012
Nice little mouse. I prefer this to the apple Magic Mouse as the Magic Mouse doesn't respond to my fingers very well - not sensitive enough or my fingers are too cold or something. This little mouse does all I need. Think this model is better than older version as it works fine on the table top - not confused by the little lines on the table etc.

Mercury 700.054 Handheld Magnifier
Mercury 700.054 Handheld Magnifier
Offered by Talking Watch Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy little magnifier, 13 Aug. 2012
I wanted this for reading food labels etc. Both at home and in shops. It's such a handy pocket size that I've forgotten where I have put it. But it was very useful and I'm sure I'll find it somewhere.

Page: 1 | 2