Profile for Tony Kneecaps > Reviews

Content by Tony Kneecaps

Tony Kneecaps "Tony Kneecaps" (UK)

Pioneer DVR-221LBK 24x SATA DVD/CD Burner with Label Flash
Pioneer DVR-221LBK 24x SATA DVD/CD Burner with Label Flash
Price: 12.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 10 May 2014
I purchased this to replace an old Sony unit that had started being picky about which DVDs it would play and seemed to have forgotten that it was capable of writing discs too. I was going to get a Samsung unit which was a bit cheaper, but there were limited delivery options which bumped up the price. I got this with free delivery and it arrived within a week.

I've used the unit extensively and it works perfectly. Not only that but, unlike some reviewers, I've found it very quiet whether it's reading or recording. Highly recommended, but do note that it's completely bare-bones - no cables, mounting bolts or manual.

The Little Book of Thunderbird 1 (Little Book of Thunderbirds)
The Little Book of Thunderbird 1 (Little Book of Thunderbirds)

4.0 out of 5 stars They're not joking when they say little, 2 Aug 2008
I bought all four of these for my nephew (doesn't seem to be one for TB5). What struck me is how small the books are - about 3 inches square.

Suprisingly, there's a lot packed into them. Each contains details of the craft and pilot, a story, cutaway diagrams showing the internal workings and more. Undoubtedly all this would have been better served if the books were in a larger format, but they're still fun and reasonable value for money.