Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
BecoThings Eco-Friendly Poo Bag Refills
BecoThings Eco-Friendly Poo Bag Refills

5.0 out of 5 stars Biodegradable dog poo bags - what a great idea!, 26 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Beco Bags - I really like the fact that they are biodegradable. I hate all these plastic bags we use up. In Scotland we have to pay 5p for a bag at the supermarket so I no longer have free ones I can use - so best to buy these.
It is a big bag, maybe a bit too big? You could fit an elephant poo in there! I'd prefer them a bit shorter with tie-up handles making it easier to close. The bags are strong and easy to separate from the pack on the perforated line. One more slight criticism - they are a bit too transparent on the reverse side (I prefer not to see the contents!!), so I would be better if there was a grass print on the both side of the bag.

Pearl Oyster Mushroom Kitchen Garden Grow Your Own Kit
Pearl Oyster Mushroom Kitchen Garden Grow Your Own Kit

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun, delicious albeit pricey science/culinary project, 26 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Instructions are pretty easy and straight forward. It does not take much effort to look after the mushrooms while they grow - just spraying with water so that was delegated to my children. Mushrooms are fun to watch grow - every morning there are visible changes. My daughter asked me - "Are they not going to be high on caffeine, having been grown on the used recycled coffee grounds?" I was unable to give her an answer. The down side is they are quite expensive but definitely a fun project for kids to watch.

Konig Stylish Retro Table Radio - Brown
Konig Stylish Retro Table Radio - Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars A return to childhood, 26 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really liked the retro look - both the design and the colour. Instructions are easy to follow. Frequency dial and tuning knob - large and easy to operate - no problem tuning in and staying on the frequency. On the instructions manual it says for FM fully extend the telescopic antenna for better reception - but actually it works just fine even without it. The volume can go quite high, so it's good that there is a mention about "setting a safe volume level" in the manual. I haven't had a radio in the kitchen since my childhood, but really enjoying it now.

Philips GC2045/26 Easyspeed Steam Iron with 120 g Steam Boost and Ceramic Soleplate, 270 ml, 2300 Watt, Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Only one small shortcoming - otherwise lovely powerful iron - cuts through the creases, 26 April 2015
What I like:

- The iron is not too light or two heavy, just about right. As it is powerful (2300W) it heats up quickly.
- Spray function and steam boost function - both work pretty impressively - powerful and provide good and even coverage without splatters and drips.
- I like the water tank and the cover - large hole and easy to fill with water. Cover closes securely (my previous one leaked).
- Calc-Clean function - very good idea. I live in a soft water area at the moment, but in the past it was a problem as it was affecting the steam and spray functions.
- Lovely storage box with floral design.

Criticism - too short cord, I have to use extension cord otherwise I would be ironing facing the wall - should be at least 1m longer.

TP-LINK UH720 USB 3.0 7 -port Hub, 2 exclusive 2.4A charging ports, with Anti-static protection
Offered by Ballicom International

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots to like, 12 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Awesome. I've been meaning to get one of these for so long... Too many peripherals and only 3 USB slots. Now I can leave my laptop with only 2 cables plugged in - this one and my external screen - so it's so much easier to move it about. The box has 7 USB ports - two are high energy charging ports to shove my phone and my tablet on, and it comes with a 3 year warranty. Great buy wish I'd bought it ages ago.

Passion into Profit: How to Make Big Money from Who You are and What You Know
Passion into Profit: How to Make Big Money from Who You are and What You Know
by Andy Harrington

3.0 out of 5 stars Advertorial but still motivational., 4 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have to admit I'[m a bit ambivalent about this book. It's written by a professional speaker and motivational coach and is a blatant advertorial for his work, his courses and what he can offer to you at a much higher price than this book. On the other hand he does offer quite a lot of good information. Andy's own story is very motivational - as he first starts working with motivational guru Tony Robbins ten years ago and now shares stages with him! So if you don't have much information on internet marketing, package production etc you may learn quite a bit to get your started - but be aware that the book may end up costing you rather more than the cover price, if you are seduced by the other packages mentioned within the covers.

Emotionally Absent Mothers,  How to Overcome Your Childhood Neglect When You Don't Know Where To Start.
Emotionally Absent Mothers, How to Overcome Your Childhood Neglect When You Don't Know Where To Start.

2.0 out of 5 stars A very short book with shortcomings, 3 April 2015
As someone who had an emotionally absent mother and then became one I felt the author was incredibly unsympathetic for the reasons why someone would be unable to mother their child. The author's attitude screams 'they should just do better' which I don't think is helpful in someone purporting to be an authority. I found out terrible things from my mother's childhood which explain why she was so dysfunctional and saying she should have tried harder, or there was no excuse for her behaviour is remarkably unsympathetic and unrealistic. Saying that someone who was mentally ill should just have 'tried harder ' or were blamed for not taking their medication really underestimates how disabling mental illnesses are and how having an emotionally absent mother passes on down the generations as children learn how to be a parent from their own dysfunctional parents. People generally do the best they can with the tools and wounds they have. I sense an inner anger in the author which suggests perhaps they haven't found peace within themselves for their own mother's shortcomings. Because of this I don't feel I can recommend this book.

Little Book of Clarity: A Quick Guide to Focus and Declutter Your Mind
Little Book of Clarity: A Quick Guide to Focus and Declutter Your Mind
by Jamie Smart

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than the original as it's a lot shorter, lots of handy tips and a lot quicker to read., 2 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It was only when I was half way through this book that I realised I'd already read the original book that this is a Little version of. I went back to the original and round I'd only read 3/4s of the way through - something the publishers clearly discovered, hence this shorter version. So I got about 3/4 of the way through the Little version as well - but think I absorbed more on the second exposure. Overall as I have quite a quiet mind it's not going to have as great an impact on me as it is likely to do for someone reading it first time. Definitely work a read and certainly advise you to look at all the webpage extras as well.

Motorola Bark 200U Ultrasonic and Vibrating Anti-Bark Control Collar, Black
Motorola Bark 200U Ultrasonic and Vibrating Anti-Bark Control Collar, Black

3.0 out of 5 stars No good for Norwegian Buhund!, 2 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The collar is definitely working - unfortunately the dog isn't!! Collar went on fine, though she needed a bit of trimming around her neck to get it in the right position. Now she barks and the collar pings and she ignores it. In fact when the collar is on she barks more and is more aggressive - clearly she doesn't like it at all. So unfortunately it didn't work for my dog, but she is a bit of a special case.

Bakers Dentacrunch Beef and Country Vegetables Dry Dog Food 1 kg (Pack of 4)
Bakers Dentacrunch Beef and Country Vegetables Dry Dog Food 1 kg (Pack of 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars My dog loves it (but she will eat anything) but owner rating is excellent too!, 1 April 2015
What I like:

Normally when you open a dog's food pack, the smell is quite strong and not that pleasant. These kibbles to my surprise have quite a neutral smell. My omnivorous dog would eat anything so I am unable to comment on how appealing they are for the dog, as an owner I like handling them. Big kibbles are good to take on the walks as a reward treat. And the main positive point for these kibbles - my dogs bad breath got better only after a few feeds (I am not one of those dog owners who brush dog's teeth, good thing I find time to do my own!). So quite pleased, will carry on feeding, if no negative affects spotted, I will be buying that food again.
If I compare it with our usual feed - Eukanuba adult weight control (1-7),
It has similar fat content 10% compared to 9-11%
But also has higher protein 21% compared to 19%
Crude fiber is a bit less 3% against 4%
I did not check all vitamins & minerals as both feed have plenty.
But Bakers food is cheaper