Profile for zocookie > Reviews

zocookie

Drizzles Kids Striped Umbrella Rainbow
Drizzles Kids Striped Umbrella Rainbow

5.0 out of 5 stars Great brolly!, 7 July 2014
Great brolly! Easy and safe to use - my little man puts it up and down by himself with no problem and no caught fingers!

Burt's Bees Cocoa Butter Body Lotion 170g
Burt's Bees Cocoa Butter Body Lotion 170g

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing stuff, 30 Dec 2013
I love this lotion - I suffer with extremely dry skin on my hands, especially in winter, and this is the only stuff that really helps it. Highly recommended.

Natural History Museum Lunar Projecting Clock
Natural History Museum Lunar Projecting Clock
Offered by Concept4U (UK)

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointed, 30 Dec 2013
We ordered this for our son's Christmas present as he is completely obsessed with the solar system and the moon. It seemed to tick all the boxes - it has a clock on it, and it projected the moon on the wall, brilliant we thought.

When it arrived we tested it to make sure it worked before giving it to him. On the box it says suitable for age 12+, which wasn't mentioned in the description. Our son is 4. The picture on the box is also misleading, as the digital clock does not have red illuminated digits - they are black on a grey background and do not light up at all. Also, the moon projection only stays on for about 5 seconds and then turns itself off - which I don't think is very long at all really.

My son does absolutely love it though and that is all that matters I guess. Just a bit disappointed that it's not as good as it could be, as it's a really great idea.

Tree Fu Tom Magic Sapstone Belt and Holopax
Tree Fu Tom Magic Sapstone Belt and Holopax

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly pleased, 20 Dec 2013
I was worried about getting this for my son based on the reviews - i thought it would be rubbish and wouldn't light up. he is so in to tree fu tom that it would have been mean of me not to indulge him! and it was half price which made me feel better. it works surprisingly well without as much shaking and vigour as I was expecting, and he absolutely loves it. I must say, both parts are very bulky plastic and the holopax has a plastic spike on the top of it (not sure what for) which concerns me a little. but he wears it at every opportunity and says it is his best birthday present ever! early days but so far so good.

Lights Out Portable Blackout Blind
Lights Out Portable Blackout Blind

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 14 Jan 2012
I did quite a bit of research about black out blinds before I bought these and I have not been disappointed! I was looking to get a permanent fixing blackout blind till i spotted these but glad i didn't. These are lightweight, VERY easy to use and give excellent blackout. they are also a lot cheaper than some of the more permanent blinds.

the first set we ordered did have some tiny holes in so this is worth checking when you get them, but the replacements arrived the following day (Amazon excellence!) and we have had no problems at all.

We use these every day and night at home, particularly useful for the daytime naps, and have taken them when we have stayed away overnight too. they fold up small and take up minimal space.

i am so pleased with these and would recommend them to anyone!

Your Body's Many Cries for Water: A Revolutionary Natural Way to Prevent Illness and Restore Good Health
by F. Batmanghelidj

5.0 out of 5 stars Miracle cure, 25 Jun 2003
This book is astounding! Whilst studying as a Bowen therapist this book was recommended for background information, as water is an integral part of the therapy.
I never drank enough water and was poorly for many years. Now, after reading this book, I drink at least 2 litres a day. I have not had to take any painkilling medication for over a year!
Fantastic book, almost like a kind of love story - it's compelling and you don't want to put it down in case you miss something!