Profile for Mr. Richard Mabe > Reviews

Content by Mr. Richard Mabe

Mr. Richard Mabe "Sidon" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Stravinsky: Firebird Suite: Rite of Spring
Stravinsky: Firebird Suite: Rite of Spring

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 15 Sep 2013
I gave 5 stars as this is as fine a rendition of the Firebird and Rite of Spring I have heard. There are always variations but these performances have a touch of class!

Hamlet [DVD] [2009]
Hamlet [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ David Tennant

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Hamlet, 30 Aug 2013
This review is from: Hamlet [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
Personal taste is involved of course, but this is a quality production no doubt, a very strong cast and David Tennant the best Hamlet I have seen to date. He introduced moments of originality and I thought portrayed Hamlets dilemmas and state of mind perfectly and with great feeling.

Erotic & Sensual Massage Oil 100ml
Erotic & Sensual Massage Oil 100ml
Offered by The Aromatherapy Shop Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, 30 Aug 2013
I pleasant oil with an unusual warm scent. All a matter of personal taste of course but I liked it.

T Mobile Nokia 1616 Pay As You Go Mobile Phone - Black
T Mobile Nokia 1616 Pay As You Go Mobile Phone - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little phone, 12 Aug 2013
I gave 5 stars as it does everything I want which is to make the occasional call and text. If you want all the bells and whistles of the more expensive phone this is not for you.

CliffsNotes on Shakespeare's Hamlet (Cliffsnotes Literature Guides)
CliffsNotes on Shakespeare's Hamlet (Cliffsnotes Literature Guides)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nothings good or bad except that thinking makes it so, 12 Aug 2013
I am going to see a production of Hamlet so wanted to study the play before going. I gave four stars as these notes are fine for a quick understanding of the play and insight into the characters and events surrounding the play, but personally I wanted a little more explanation of the various speeches the characters make which I ended up looking at other resources to get. Overall though it's not a bad little book of notes for a quick understanding of the play for those who don't want or need to enter into an in depth study.

You Are Your Own Gym: The Bible of Bodyweight Exercises
You Are Your Own Gym: The Bible of Bodyweight Exercises
by Mark Lauren

5.0 out of 5 stars Reach your highest fitness potential., 24 May 2013
If any book deserved 5 stars it's this one.

Using this book I feel fitter than I have ever felt in my life, leaner, stronger, more stamina, more relaxed and alert. Forget gyms and long boring running sessions. In just 2 hours a week, 30mins every other day you can do bodyweight exercises where ever you are and feel great as a result. It really doesn't get any better than this.

These are exercises you can do for the rest of your life all year round and have fun doing them.

A very well thought out book with no added fluff, you get sound advice on building fitness coupled with good nutrition guidance.This book has really improved my sense of well being.

I am grateful to Mark Lauren for sharing his years of experience.

The book is written in a way that is acceptable to beginners and people wanting to take their fitness to a higher level.

I think few books at such a reasonable price have the ability to improve the quality of a persons life than this one.

4-Week Bodyweight Home Workout (Workout Series Book 1)
4-Week Bodyweight Home Workout (Workout Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good bye gyms!, 25 April 2013
I would recommend body weight exercises to anyone as the best way of getting fit and well with the least amount of wasted time and money.

This book makes you realise no one really needs a gym, hours of boring treadmill running or special weightlifting equipment to get fit and look good.

I have admittedly only been using these exercies for the last two weeks but the effects have been very good. I feel stonger, more balanced when I move and am starting to lose some weight.

The exercises take just 10-20 mins every other day and can be done almost anywhere with no special equipment.
Remember to warm up well before you start.

I work harder, breath harder and sweat harder doing these exercises than I ever did in a gym, I also look forward to doing them as I can feel myself getting stronger and the variety of exercises keeps it interesting.
I can feel a little sore next day but as I progress this is diminishing a little.

I will keep doing the exercises and feel confident in a few months I will have the figure I want and be carrying no excess fat.

There is no information on nutrition in the book but I would recommend you eat whole foods 5 times a day and stay within the recommended calorie intake of 2500 for a man and 2000 daily for a woman to lose weight.

Do yourself a favour and start dong these exercises.

Hubble: Window on the Universe
Hubble: Window on the Universe
by Giles Sparrow

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, 6 Mar 2013
Stunning book with photos that should fill you with awe at the diversity of amazing galaxies, stars and planets in the universe, the best view yet of our universe and a bargain at the price.

DIGIFLEX 58mm Dual Thread UV Filter for Canon 18-55mm EOS 500D 1000D XS, T1i, XTi, XSi, XT, T2i, T3,T3i, or any lens with a 58mm front thread for Canon, Nikon, Sigma, Tokina etc
Offered by Digiflex

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 6 Mar 2013
I got this filter to protect my lenses and it does this very well, altogether i think this filter is good value for money.

Serious user 10x50 binoculars with fully coated optics for all uses including birdwatching, astronomy, sports and wildlife. 10 x 50 high power magnification. Comes with case, lens caps, strap, cloth and warranty.
Offered by UKHobbyStore ~ PowerSaveBulbs UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Value For Money Binoculars, 27 Feb 2013
Very good 10x50 binoculars which are well made, the quality of view is very good too.

There are some mean comments on here about the lense caps being cheap and the case flimsy but I think the comments are unreasonable.

The lense caps work well and serve their purpose, the case is more a bag made of strong nylon which has an adjustable strap you can put over your shoulder. Not much protection if you were to drop your binos but it would give some and anyway you should try not to drop binoculars even in the best of cases.

For the quality these binoculars are remarkably low priced.

The binoculars would be great for birdwatching but I have purchased these for astronomy. They may be all you will ever need.

I was in a dillema about whether to buy a telescope but have decided at this point not to get one. Even some more expensive telescopes I have looked through don't give that great a view in my opinion so I intend to use binoculars which give a perfectly acceptable view for amateur astronomy and which I can keep to hand and take out quickly and use any time the weather allows.

Often telescopes take some time to set up and they are biggish clumsy things to keep around the house and may not be used very often. I am a member at a local obsevatory so I will use their telescope to occasionally get a slightly better view of more distant objects.

There is a pleasure to be had getting outside and looking around for yourself it makes you realise your place in the solar system and that you are are on a planet, going around a star in a galaxy thats flying through the universe which, should make you think!

If you want really good colour views you will do better by looking at websites and books with photos from the Hubble telescope which are truly awe inspiring and as good as it gets with current telescope technology.

These binos will help me observe the constellations and learn to find my way around the night sky, they give a good view of the moon and should be capable of spotting other planets like Jupiter and Venus as well as the odd galaxy. A tripod would be useful for astronomy for which you will need an adapter to attach your binoculars to. You can buy one here on Amazon for around £11. Arms can be a bit shaky for holding binoculars and any shake will reduce your viewing pleasure so keeping the binoculars steady on a tripod is a good thing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4