Profile for C. Wright > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Hollow Bodies
Hollow Bodies

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't let the previews fool you, 19 Aug 2013
This review is from: Hollow Bodies (MP3 Download)
Although the MP3 previews on Amazon pretty much only show you parts of each song where there's just screaming/shouting, there are actually quite a lot of clean singing parts just like previous albums. Easily as good as their previous albums, and thankfully they haven't gone for the boring "mainstream" pop sound like a lot of other heavier/alternate bands seem to be doing (I'm looking at you Deaf Havana!)

SixBros. Computer Desk - PC Workstation - Office Desk - Glass Black - CT-3350/33
Offered by SixBros.

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks good but a tiny bit wobbly, 20 July 2013
It looks good, is quite wide and deep, and feels sturdy (partly because the top of the desk is incredibly heavy)... but I find the keyboard shelf is a little wobbly (maybe just something I've done wrong when building it?) meaning that when you move your hands around between the keyboard and mouse (or if you type pretty quickly) then it causes the rest of the desk to shake a little. Not a lot but just enough to make my monitor wobble a little bit which is quite noticeable as obviously you're staring straight at it whilst typing.

Oh and I think the desk is quite low. I have to have my chair on the absolute lowest setting just to stop my legs hitting the keyboard tray (and I'm not a big guy).

Dust Sheets 100% Cotton 12ft x 9ft Close Weave - The Glove Club
Dust Sheets 100% Cotton 12ft x 9ft Close Weave - The Glove Club
Offered by The Glove Club

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent if doubled up, 20 July 2013
They're pretty strong and won't rip or move easily but they would probably let paint through if just one layer of them was used - folding them on top of each other to double them up works well though.

Bosch ALS 2500 Electric Garden Blower/ Vacuum
Bosch ALS 2500 Electric Garden Blower/ Vacuum

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job but very loudly, 20 July 2013
Seems to suck up hedge trimmings etc without much of a problem (unless they've been trampled into the grass quite a lot) but it is incredibly noisy. I've actually started using ear plugs whenever I use it now.

Body Sculpture BC1700 Exercise Bike - Silver/Black
Body Sculpture BC1700 Exercise Bike - Silver/Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken on arrival, like many others, 19 July 2013
The box was quite battered when it arrived (which seems to be a common theme with this item going by other people's reviews) but I thought it would still be ok... turns out I was wrong and I've had the same problem that several other people reported on this bike and other bikes made by the same manufacturer. The flywheel that the pedals are connected to was broken, so the pedals would only move in reverse. Even putting all of my weight on one pedal it would not shift in the correct direction at all. Also connecting the tension wire was incredibly difficult as others have mentioned in their reviews, but with some brute force I did get it hooked up correctly in the end (note that even without that connected at all the pedals still wouldn't move correctly so its nothing to do with that).

Paramore
Paramore

2.0 out of 5 stars Nowhere near as good as any previous albums, 4 May 2013
This review is from: Paramore (MP3 Download)
Obviously this is just my opinion but this album to me seems very different (in a bad way) to everything they've ever done before. Its even more annoying because the only one decent song is the one they released as a single first, so after hearing that I thought yeah the album will be good and bought it... only to be very disappointed. Listened to it twice and then deleted it.

3M E.A.R Clear E.A.R Earplugs - 1 Pair
3M E.A.R Clear E.A.R Earplugs - 1 Pair
Offered by Breathe and Sleep Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked well for motorbike riding... until I lost them, 1 May 2013
Helped reduce loud wind noise when riding my motorbike at stupid speeds, but I did find that the one in my left ear often came loose (perhaps I just didn't put them in properly) and eventually I lost it altogether when it fell out of my helmet.

The Hollow
The Hollow

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 28 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Hollow (MP3 Download)
Bought this and their "Challenger" album a few days ago and haven't stopped listening to them. Most of their tracks have a great balance with some heavy shouting/screaming sections and then nice clean singing chorus parts as well (with the guitars and drums being heavy pretty much all the time).

Between The Lies
Between The Lies

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent, 28 Jan 2013
This review is from: Between The Lies (MP3 Download)
Not as good as their newer albums in my opinion but still definitely worth a listen if you're a fan of their other songs

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad design, 7 Aug 2012
Stupid design - you don't seem to be able to tilt the back of the chair back without the bit you sit on tilting up with it... which means if you like to have the back tilted back a bit you have to put up with the seat tipping backwards as well.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3