Profile for Liverbird5 > Reviews

Content by Liverbird5

Liverbird5

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
Merry Christmas, Alex Cross: (Alex Cross 19)
Merry Christmas, Alex Cross: (Alex Cross 19)

5.0 out of 5 stars Merry Christmas Alex Cross (Cross 19), 6 Mar 2014
I've read and enjoyed all the Alex Cross series and this was no exception .... as usual, not wanting to put my kindle down, egged on by the short chapters. Highly recommended ... not just this one, but the 18 before it .... I'm now ready to start number 20. :)

Torn Apart (A Hero series novel Book 1)
Torn Apart (A Hero series novel Book 1)
Price: 2.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Torn Apart .... brilliant twist!, 27 Feb 2014
Fantastic start to the new Hero series by Mel Comley ... who became one of my favourite authors with her Justice series.
This gripping storyline had me hooked from start to finish and I can't wait for the next. Highly recommended ... but not for the feint hearted. :)

The Stolen Ones (Byrne and Balzano Book 8)
The Stolen Ones (Byrne and Balzano Book 8)

4.0 out of 5 stars The Stolen Ones (Byrne & Balzano), 22 Feb 2014
Richard Montanari is one of my favourite authors and I enjoy the Byrne & Balzano series. However, I found this book a little confusing and hard to follow in places and the story didn't have me on the edge of my seat .... (although it was still worth reading). Let's hope the next book returns to Montanari at his best.

A Lamb to the Slaughter (Parish & Richards 11)
A Lamb to the Slaughter (Parish & Richards 11)
Price: 2.91

4.0 out of 5 stars A Lamb To The Slaughter (P&R 11), 11 Feb 2014
Having read all of the P&R series, enjoyed and recommended them, I feel that books 9-11 have been a let down compared to the earlier books in the series. I like the humour of the characters in amongst the crimes, but it's as if Tim Ellis is trying to cram too many stories in to a book, that it's getting too drawn out and confusing.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 1, 2014 7:14 PM GMT

Through a Glass Darkly (Parish & Richards 10)
Through a Glass Darkly (Parish & Richards 10)
Price: 2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Through A Glass Darkly (Parish & Richards 10), 3 Feb 2014
I love Tim Ellis books, especially the detective stories and banter between Parish & Richards ... unfortunately, I have to agree with other readers that starting with P&R Book 9, things have started to go 'off track'. Too many sub plots causing confusion ..... please, let the series continue, but revert to the earlier style, complete a plot and have an ongoing story in the background to carry forward.

Frozen Betrayal, Book 4 Detective Alec Ramsay Series
Frozen Betrayal, Book 4 Detective Alec Ramsay Series
Price: 2.30

4.0 out of 5 stars Frozen Betrayal, 25 Jan 2014
Another good story involving Supt Alec Ramsay. I must admit it got a little confusing in places with so many characters ... but it all came together for another Conrad Jones page turner. Recommended :)

Unbreakable: My New Autobiography
Unbreakable: My New Autobiography

5.0 out of 5 stars Sharon Osbourne ... Unbreakable, 13 Jan 2014
Absolutely fabulous book Missus!
I read Sharon's first autobiography and enjoyed it, but this one was brilliant, I didn't want to put it down. It shows the love she has for her family .... through the good times and the bad. Written in typical no nonsense Sharon style, with wit and humour and a few tears. Excellent book ... highly recommended. :)

Snow Kills (D.I. Dylan Book 4)
Snow Kills (D.I. Dylan Book 4)
Price: 1.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Snow Kills (D.I. Dylan), 7 Jan 2014
This is the fourth book in a great series by R C Bridgestock. Another story that holds your attention from the first page to the last .... whilst the main character, D I Dylan, juggles his personal and professional life. Highly recommended ... bring on number five! :)

Criminally Insane
Criminally Insane

4.0 out of 5 stars Criminally Insane, 26 Dec 2013
This review is from: Criminally Insane (Kindle Edition)
Excellent book ... although I did find it a little long winded and confusing in places. However, it kept me gripped to the last page with an excellent plot and I'm looking forward to the next book in the Inspector Ramsay series. Recommended :)

Virtual Justice (Justice series Book 7)
Virtual Justice (Justice series Book 7)
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Virtual Justice (Justice Series 7), 14 Dec 2013
Another brilliant book in the Justice series .... I just can't put these books down once I start reading! Great storylines with believable characters that you follow througb the good times and the bad .... can't wait for number 8. Highly recommended :)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16