Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now DIYED Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen with Prime Learn more Shop Men's Shop Women's
Profile for AmandaJ > Reviews

Content by AmandaJ

AmandaJ

Spaghetti With the Yeti
Spaghetti With the Yeti
by Charlotte Guillain

5.0 out of 5 stars ... and the flow of the words makes it a joy to read out loud, 12 Feb. 2015
The rhyming and the flow of the words makes it a joy to read out loud.
Toying with various accents is fun too.

Mrs Vickers' Knickers
Mrs Vickers' Knickers
by Kara Lebihan

5.0 out of 5 stars ... picture story book is that there are so many fun illustrations to allude to, 12 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Mrs Vickers' Knickers (Paperback)
The fabulous aspect to this picture story book is that there are so many fun illustrations to allude to.
You can make it last 5 minutes - or 20 minutes - your choice.

I Want My MTV: The Uncensored Story of the Music Video Revolution
I Want My MTV: The Uncensored Story of the Music Video Revolution
by Craig Marks

4.0 out of 5 stars An informative read, 16 Dec. 2012
WOW! Reading this book really opened my eyes towards the music industry. I hadn't known a time without music videos - so I learnt a lot! It's such a shame that MTV ceased to be a music channel.

Not about Madonna: My Little Pre-Icon Roommate and Other Memoirs
Not about Madonna: My Little Pre-Icon Roommate and Other Memoirs
by Whit Hill

5.0 out of 5 stars A book you don't want to end, 16 Dec. 2012
This book is very well written and takes you back in time to a younger Madonna. It is a page turner and I couldn't put the book down.

As a Madonna fan I love hearing first hand snippets about her life and this book is full of them. It is written in a heart felt, sincere way. The contrasts in Whit's and M's lives is something every reader may well relate to within their own experiences / inner thoughts in relation to Madonna.

Whit states how even though they were close . . She doesn't recognise mannerisms in her so easily. As I watch her career, it is often hard to believe that she is the same person as the previous persona that has been created. More so in the first half of her career.

Only time will tell if we will hear about M's own life through an autobiography or through her diaries but for now this gives the reader another perspective of 9 months of Madonna's pre fame existence.

Whit's story is easy to relate to, a coming of age scenario, however the title is a little deceiving, there was more about Madonna than I expected.