ARRAY(0xba673cd8)

Profile for Rachel Pryer > Reviews

Content by Rachel Pryer

Rachel Pryer (Petworth, West Sussex)

Page: 1 | 2
Mary Berry's Ultimate Cake Book (Second Edition): Over 200 Classic Recipes
Mary Berry's Ultimate Cake Book (Second Edition): Over 200 Classic Recipes
by Mary Berry
Price: 11.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Cakes to die for!, 9 Feb 2006
I bought this book a few months ago and have made several different cakes from it, and each one has tasted wonderful! My husband and children can't wait to see which one I've made this week and my friends say that the chocolate sponge is the nicest they've ever tasted! Easy to follow recipes with not-over-fussy ingredients. Highly recommended for those who like baking like me!

Shaun of the Dead [DVD] [2004]
Shaun of the Dead [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Simon Pegg
Offered by Talbot Media
Price: 2.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Really loved it!, 9 Feb 2006
This film has gone onto my favourites list. I still laugh about it now! You have a strong cast of likeable characters that you will have seen somewhere else (Spaced, The Office etc.) and although it's gory I truly believe that if zombie films scare you, then watch this and they no longer will.
It's laugh-out-loud funny,like Shaun trying to kill a zombie with a swingball or the fact that people are zombifying all around him but he's so hungover he doesn't notice.
Refreshing British comedy at it's best with loads of funny scenes that you will keep laughing for ages afterwards.

Buzz! The Music Quiz With Buzzers (PS2)
Buzz! The Music Quiz With Buzzers (PS2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good fun!, 3 Jan 2006
This game is such a laugh, whether I play it with my friends or my children! We played it on New Year's Eve with loads of us split into four groups and the more the alcohol flowed the harder it was to press the button first! The characters are really amusing and they do silly things if you press your team colour button! The only reason this didn't get five stars is the that all the music clips are reproduced on a keyboard and are often hard to make out......but this makes it a bit more difficult which isn't a bad thing. Brill!

The Village [DVD] [2004]
The Village [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Sigourney Weaver
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 4.18

3.0 out of 5 stars Probably flawed........but really quite good!, 3 Sep 2005
This review is from: The Village [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
This film was refreshingly different from the usual same old, with two twists. The first of which crossed my mind fleetingly (suspicion about the 'ones we don't speak of' not being quite what they seemed) but the other was confirmed when one woman talked of a 'dumpster'. But these were right near the end, and you did spend most of the film horrified by 'the creatures'. If I thought too hard about it it would probably seem very far fetched, but it was entertaining and unusual. Well worth watching!

Page: 1 | 2